VC Wheels!

faith

you should see the looks on people's faces when i pull up next to them in my right hand drive classic

Don't you need a special permit to drive a right-handed car?

I worked with a guy who had a right hand drive car. He had no special license, though knowing the people I work with, I wouldn't be too surprised if you're supposed to, and he was just too stupid to know.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you need a special permit to drive a right-handed car?

nope, the car just has to be 25 years old and it can basically be whatever you want - it's exempt from safety laws, emission laws and what not. since they weren't originally made for the US market any right-hand drive less than 25 years old is unable to be imported and titled

it would be possible to have a newer right-hand car if you have letters from the manufacturer and such that it's not significantly different than the US market car - ie a rhd integra from japan. but this is very uncommon

I'm actually pondering trading it in and getting a new ride. Don't know what yet.

If you want to stick with Mazda, the new(er) Mazda 3s actually have some nice get-up-and-go. When I was buying my MINI getting on to cars.com or something like that where you can compare as many cars as you want side-by-side was such a help.

As of right now I'm thinking of staying w/ Mazda and have actually been checking out the 3s. Thanks for the tip about cars.com.

i have had a bunch of cars and so far i think i like my mazda (6) the most. havent had one problem but i did get it brand new and the dealership up here actually doesnt rape you which is strange to me.

Guest falloutcollapse

Thank you very much. My dad bought it used about 7 months ago for a very good price, and he's going to get a new car once I get my license. I'm super excited.

[image]

this is the second car i bought. my first car got fucked up by my dad but i didnt buy that. second one was a bomb that i still have and drive occasionally

now i drive this thing. it looked better when i first got it. i havent looked after it that well. but its great for going camping and on trips. heaps of room in the back. lay a mattress out and stuff. its great.

my car is a ford falcon panel van

panel vans were huge here in the 70s. ford were the only ones stupid enough to keep building them thru to 98

i went to an All Ford Day today and took some sweet snaps of some models around in the 70s. theyres a van nationals day happening at easter that i plan to goto. itll be heaps fun and tonnes of vans

sucks you guys dont get them over there, but then again, you get heaps better shit then we do

my car is a ford falcon panel van

panel vans were huge here in the 70s. ford were the only ones stupid enough to keep building them thru to 98

i went to an All Ford Day today and took some sweet snaps of some models around in the 70s. theyres a van nationals day happening at easter that i plan to goto. itll be heaps fun and tonnes of vans

sucks you guys dont get them over there, but then again, you get heaps better shit then we do

We may get better shit, but your car seriously has it all. It's like a mini camper. You should punk that shit up with a bunch of stickers, or get flames and skulls painted all over it.

Are those really common in Australia?

Guest scriptedrain
[image]

x2

Wow! You have 2 right feet? Must take you forever to walk somewhere.

That's why it's x2. And nah, it takes me about 5 minutes to walk to work. 1 minute to walk to the mailbox. 5 seconds to walk to the next room. It's nice.