how much could I get for a SOAD demo tape?

No to thread Jack, but I have an old Link Park tape (a promo before Hybrid Theory) think that's worth anything?

But first, fuck System of a Down.

why?

They're just so full of their own shit. They put out these songs about "Why do we always go to war/ why do we always send the poor" and then ask for $350,000 a show on Ozzfest. They've made their name being this "political" and socially aware band but they really just want insane amounts of money.

Add to it, they stopped putting out good music when their little boy guitar player decided he wanted to sing. Seriously, if you had a lead like their vocalist, why let the retarded little boy sing?

why?

They're just so full of their own shit. They put out these songs about "Why do we always go to war/ why do we always send the poor" and then ask for $350,000 a show on Ozzfest. They've made their name being this "political" and socially aware band but they really just want insane amounts of money.

Add to it, they stopped putting out good music when their little boy guitar player decided he wanted to sing. Seriously, if you had a lead like their vocalist, why let the retarded little boy sing?

just at a glance your record list...what do you think A Perfect Circle makes per show? What do you think Tool makes?

all I'm saying is yeah...they're rock stars. so what if they ask for $350,000 to play a show...how does that impact your life?

you can't fault rock stars for pulling rock star bullshit. These bands get huge and that's what they make.

in 2000 I worked an Anti Racist Action table at a Blink 182 / Bad Religion show...Blink was making over $100,000 a night in merch.

So I'd imagine they were probably getting paid at least 300,000-350,000 to play...i mean playing a 16,000 capacity venue x $20-30 tickets....so at the same time...

BR was probably getting paid 50-100,000 a night...they're talking about politics...no one was faulting them.

the Clash did stadium shows singing about politics and all the while being rich fucks.

the first time I saw SOAD...was opening for Incubus at the Metro in Chicago. My friends were super into Incubus and dragged me along one night and both bands were amazing.

...so they got bigger, the guitar player started singing more...and now they're bigger. I don't care.

Incubus changed from a weird jam-metal band to a alternative radio rock band...the singer shaved, cut off his dreads and th rest of the band stopped dressing like nu metal bros....got huge... I don't care.

am I making any sense?

the Pixies sold out 4 nights at the Aragon in chicago. 5000 ppl x $70+ a ticket. then they added a 5th show to fuck the scalpers that didn't sell out. i paid, went to the show and had a good time. am I supposed to have some ignorant contempt for them for making money... dude...bands get big and when you get big you make a LOT of money.

just at a glance your record list...what do you think A Perfect Circle makes per show? What do you think Tool makes?

all I'm saying is yeah...they're rock stars. so what if they ask for $350,000 to play a show...how does that impact your life?

you can't fault rock stars for pulling rock star bullshit. These bands get huge and that's what they make.

in 2000 I worked an Anti Racist Action table at a Blink 182 / Bad Religion show...Blink was making over $100,000 a night in merch.

So I'd imagine they were probably getting paid at least 300,000-350,000 to play...i mean playing a 16,000 capacity venue x $20-30 tickets....so at the same time...

BR was probably getting paid 50-100,000 a night...they're talking about politics...no one was faulting them.

the Clash did stadium shows singing about politics and all the while being rich fucks.

the first time I saw SOAD...was opening for Incubus at the Metro in Chicago. My friends were super into Incubus and dragged me along one night and both bands were amazing.

...so they got bigger, the guitar player started singing more...and now they're bigger. I don't care.

Incubus changed from a weird jam-metal band to a alternative radio rock band...the singer shaved, cut off his dreads and th rest of the band stopped dressing like nu metal bros....got huge... I don't care.

am I making any sense?

the Pixies sold out 4 nights at the Aragon in chicago. 5000 ppl x $70+ a ticket. then they added a 5th show to fuck the scalpers that didn't sell out. i paid, went to the show and had a good time. am I supposed to have some ignorant contempt for them for making money... dude...bands get big and when you get big you make a LOT of money.

First off, the Perfect Circle records were gifts for a friend that fell through, they're some of the only records I own that I've never opened. I could care, I dislike them and Tool, greatly.

Second, we're not talking $50,000 a night, we're talking $350,000 a night. That's seven times $50,000. That's where the line is between making really good money and price gouging. They headlined the dates on Ozfest where Ozzy couldn't play because of illness and they practically sank the fucking tour their guarantee was so high. They couldn't drop them as they would be without a headliner but SOAD wasn't pulling in nearly enough people for their insane guarantee.

I don't particularly care as in, I don't protest their shows, I don't dislike people who like them, I just feel given the opportunity I'd say "Fuck 'em".

As for the guitar player singing, how can you be a fan and not care? The dudes voice is awful and their musical output as of late has been laughably bad. I'm not saying their last two albums had no good material but they easily could have been one decent album. Did we really need "California Baseball"?

would it really be that bad of a thing for OzzFest to stop?

I don't have their most recent record...i have Hypnotize, but not Mezmerize...or whatever it's called...or Steal This Album for that matter.

the guitar player has an interesting voice, it works with what they do.

they way they sound when they both sing together is pretty cool...and it obviously doesn't bother me to the same level as you....maybe it's just because that first time I saw them they were playing Toxicity and s/t songs...and I'm just used to it.

You're math is all kinds of crazy.

$20 x 16,000 = $320,000. If you think a promoter and a venue of that size is splitting $20k, you're insane.

Opening bands generally make hardly any money.

I'm assure you that Bad Religion makes no where near $50k a night.

The Clash were far from "rich fucks". In fact, I believe they owed money to their label because they demanded their records be sold at a reduced price.

would it really be that bad of a thing for OzzFest to stop?

I don't have their most recent record...i have Hypnotize, but not Mezmerize...or whatever it's called...or Steal This Album for that matter.

the guitar player has an interesting voice, it works with what they do.

they way they sound when they both sing together is pretty cool...and it obviously doesn't bother me to the same level as you....maybe it's just because that first time I saw them they were playing Toxicity and s/t songs...and I'm just used to it.

I do like when they harmonize but just by himself the guitar player doesn't cut it for me. But they haven't fallen off, so I'm probably the minority.