Help Me! (Against Me Related)

cj

Against Me is coming to play a show in Calgary on an off day on their tour with Foo Fighters. The show is a private show at a bar though and you have to win tickets through a radio station. I have friends who work at the bar but they arent even getting tickets. Does anybody have any ideas how i should get tickets? Its capped at 200 people and almost all of the tickets have been won already!!

HELP!

sneaking in to shows is the easiest thing in the world. hell get there early, walk in like you belong there.. and if you havent got the balls to just hang out talking to someone... go hide in a bathroom stall or something.

Truth. I'm completely spineless. I always follow the rules and shit but my sound guy is 180 degrees the other way. He constantly just does shit and when I ask how he goes, "What's the worst they can do? Say no? Kick you out? You're no worse than you were before". And 99% of the time shit works out for him.

the show is at a bar though and sneaking in is pretty much out of the question. the bar doesnt open until whenever they decide doors open which leaves that out of the question... i thought about getting a job there but it just opened so they dont need anybody...

it looks like beating somebody up is going to be my only chance

How do you win tickets? Is there something you could enter online? Could We try to enter and since we don't live in calgary just give you the tickets or anything?

i appreciate the help but you have to go in person and win them... they have to pick your name and call you, then you go to the station and play either operation, jenga, kerplunk or hungry hungry hippos against a dj and if you beat them you win tickets...

Yeah, sneaking into shows/backstage/etc. is the easiest thing in the world. Wear dirty clothes, make sure your keys are hanging from your belt loop and make sure you have absolutely no expression on your face whatsoever -- indifference is key. Then just find an open door and walk through it.

It also helps to be talking on your cell phone, even if you're just pretending. The busier and more annoyed at the world you look, the less chance a security guard will say a word to you.

At the Fest last year, the line to get in at Common Grounds on Sunday morning was retarded long and I had to see Armalite, so I just walked in the back with my girlfriend. The back door guy stopped me and I said, "I'm in a band." He asked which one and I said, "The Ergs," with a sort of "You fucking moron, you should know that" tone. He waved me and my girlfriend in.