Who hates their fans more?

Having played in a band with a significant following for many years I can tell you there is a time for everything. If you don't want kids who enjoy your music to "bother" you than stay in the green room or your van. Charging for autographs will always be insane to me. That's shit pro athletes do.

Anyone have any horror stories about Connor Oberst? A friend of mine told me he called the girl that was with her at one of his shows a "fucking idiot" for telling him she loves his music.

So you guys are now hating Coheed because of a story you read in this thread?

Wow that stuff on the internet is 100% true I hear.

on warped a few years back my booth was next to theirs for about 1.5 weeks... you had to spend at least 15 dollars to get a wrist band to wait in like to have them sign something.... and nothing was like less than $10... so you had to spend $20 min... and then they made everyone wait around for an unnanounced signing time.... and NO PICTURES ALLOWED... it was super pathetic... we started yelling at them about it. lamest shit ive ever seen from a band on warped

I've worked on the tour and the no pictures thing makes sense. When you have thousands of kids lined up for a 20 minute signing, taking pictures is what makes things move much more slowly. Plenty of bands do this and i wouldn't slight Coheed for allowing as many fans as possible to meet them. I wasn't there for the wristband situation so I can't speak on whether that's true or not.

Anyone have any horror stories about Connor Oberst? A friend of mine told me he called the girl that was with her at one of his shows a "fucking idiot" for telling him she loves his music.

I shot a Bright Eyes show in 2002. He was too drunk to stand, much less to diss on his fans. I believe this happened, but it was probably more like, "My music sucks I'm so sad why would you love my music" than "Go to hell and keep your money." Having just seen Bright Eyes last weekend, I think dude's in a much better place now. He was high fivin' peeps in the front row. Never thought I'd see the day.

Also, this poll should be retitled Whose Fans Hate Their Money More? Against Me and Hot Water Music will rneed to be in the running...

until Brand New wins that one, too.

I shot a Bright Eyes show in 2002. He was too drunk to stand, much less to diss on his fans. I believe this happened, but it was probably more like, "My music sucks I'm so sad why would you love my music" than "Go to hell and keep your money." Having just seen Bright Eyes last weekend, I think dude's in a much better place now. He was high fivin' peeps in the front row. Never thought I'd see the day.

Also, this poll should be retitled Whose Fans Hate Their Money More? Against Me and Hot Water Music will rneed to be in the running...

until Brand New wins that one, too.

White Stripes wins all.

• 6 months later...

Glassjaw. Just tried to order a t-shirt from their MerchDirect store. Price is $19.93 to match their stupid logo; ended up being $27 after tax and shipping. No thank you. Their music is good, though.

not to troll, but this thread is 'tarded like Chernobyl babies. SPOILED ones.

these people aren't your friends. "[they] owe you nothing, you have no control". 99% of the time it's "the fans" -not the musicians- who cross the line, expecting or demanding things they have no right to. I think it's awesome that you have a deep, synaesthetic relationship with a song/album/band, and maybe the band feels that way about their work, too, but that's the end of it.

musicians, artists, etc provide a good or service in exchange for cash.

-they record/release music in a number of formats, you pay to hear it in perpetuity (or d/l it for free).

-they perform music, you pay to see it (or stay home reminiscing about that time they played your friend's basement before their first LP).

-they sell memorabilia, you pay for a souvenir of the experience (or rely on your memory of it).

ANYTHING anyone feels they've got coming to them beyond that is bullshit.

that said, the $1 thing is a legitimate grievance since the band broke the terms they themselves set. WHY they did this I can't speculate, nor do I care as it's A DOLLAR.

• 1 year later...