Who hates their fans more?

I'd have to go with answer B. The singles being as limited as they were was so damn stressful. I mean, I was only able to get one straight from MerchDirect. I have 2 others, one I've gotten from eBay (for more than I should've paid) and another from someone here in a trade.

At least with the Coheed albums, everyone should be able to get one if they wanted to, even if they have to pay a little more than they'd like to.

i wouldn't say hate but they like to milk it quite a bit. i remember coheed was autographing stuff 5-6 years ago at their show & they wanted like $15 to autograph a cd plus the cost of the cd

That's nuts, I saw them supporting someone (Thursday I think) about 8 years ago and that chia pet singer was more than happy to sign stuff, was practically begging!

Guest markovianprocess
whats worse, making a shit ton of variants and making them expensive as fuck (the coheed way) or making very limited amounts of records and making them cheap, but in the end expensive as fuck cause you gotta get it off of ebay (the glassjaw way)

?

I don't see the Coheed way as being so bad, because you really don't have to buy more than one copy of a record. That's you at fault, not them.

i wouldn't say hate but they like to milk it quite a bit. i remember coheed was autographing stuff 5-6 years ago at their show & they wanted like $15 to autograph a cd plus the cost of the cd

what?! this is enough reason to never support this band - terrible.

yup, that right there gave coheed my vote

can i vote for brand new?

Coheed may charge fans for autographs...although I've never seen this happen at the numerous shows I've been to and even festival-type concerts...

Glassjaw did the whole 7" singles MerchNow and "can only get that one vinyl release at that one show" thing...

But goddamn Brand New...not only did Jesse Lacey steal people's money for that damn lyrics bullshit when TDAG came out...yeah, I'm still annoyed by that...where's my dollar?!?!...but he's also a dick to any fan. I've seen him be condescending to fans who either want a pic taken or an autograph. Personally he's a douchebag and compared to Coheed and GJ, he seems to hate his fans.

/rant

can i vote for brand new?

Coheed may charge fans for autographs...although I've never seen this happen at the numerous shows I've been to and even festival-type concerts...

Glassjaw did the whole 7" singles MerchNow and "can only get that one vinyl release at that one show" thing...

But goddamn Brand New...not only did Jesse Lacey steal people's money for that damn lyrics bullshit when TDAG came out...yeah, I'm still annoyed by that...where's my dollar?!?!...but he's also a dick to any fan. I've seen him be condescending to fans who either want a pic taken or an autograph. Personally he's a douchebag and compared to Coheed and GJ, he seems to hate his fans.

/rant

the dollar thing, absolutely

douche to fans? i wouldnt say that. i just dont think theyve ever gotten comfortable with how big they got, and how crazy and obsessive i their fans can be.

from everything ive heard, and even my experiences in talking to him, he comes off as a quiet and shy personality who would rather not hear girls screaming that they love him during play crack the sky.

ill add another element though, because i expected this thread to be about them. -september 2010 they gutted their website saying new site coming soon! well all that lead to was a different background image 17 months later.

-street team was shut down with promises of a new one run by the band on the way. well the forum was dissolved, and now all we have is a monthly q&a newsletter, minus the q&a.

-FOUR PA DATES

-and of course there was the near refusal to acknowledge YFW for about 3 years.