xbox modding

So I'm getting an xbox to mod so my wife can play SNES, NES, etc emulators on the big screen without having to set up a bunch of old school systems. I know Kirby has done this in the past but probably some of you guys have also. Could you point me towards a easy to understand tutorial for either hard or soft moding? I don't have a mod chip but I've got a computer with ATA harddrive which someone once told me at a bar could help. I've googled but I've gotten a lot of different answers and I'd like to go with one I know works.

Help?

If you're getting it JUST to play old school nintendo games why not just get a used Wii or something? They sell tons of SNES/NES etc games on the wii store. I've got a few games loaded on mine including Super Mario 3. I imagine you could get a wii for really cheap anyways since it's the worst system out right now haha.

I've heard that the newest 360s are harder to hack and trying to do so can just ruin the system anyways. Microsoft has a thing for bricking your electronics from them if you try to do something they don't want you to.

If you're getting it JUST to play old school nintendo games why not just get a used Wii or something? They sell tons of SNES/NES etc games on the wii store. I've got a few games loaded on mine including Super Mario 3. I imagine you could get a wii for really cheap anyways since it's the worst system out right now haha.

I've heard that the newest 360s are harder to hack and trying to do so can just ruin the system anyways. Microsoft has a thing for bricking your electronics from them if you try to do something they don't want you to.

It's an OG xbox and it's a cost thing. I can get a xbox 1 for 30-40 bucks and a wii still runs me a hundred plus rebuying all those games for 5-10 bucks a pop. Screw that I bought them already.

So I'm getting an xbox to mod so my wife can play SNES, NES, etc emulators on the big screen without having to set up a bunch of old school systems. I know Kirby has done this in the past but probably some of you guys have also. Could you point me towards a easy to understand tutorial for either hard or soft moding? I don't have a mod chip but I've got a computer with ATA harddrive which someone once told me at a bar could help. I've googled but I've gotten a lot of different answers and I'd like to go with one I know works.

Help?

I've done this and just sold my modded Xbox to Andy!

I used the method of hooking up my Xbox's hard drive to my computer, which I thought was the easiest method. I don't know if things have changed since then and I no longer have the guide I used, but I would recommend that if you're familiar w/ removing a harddrive.

Google around for some guide based on that and see what you can find. I don't want to search for that while I'm at work, so if I remember when I get home I'll take a look.

Suggesting to purchase the games when it's been established that piracy is the goal is kind of silly. If anything you'd buy a wii with this purpose in mind to mod it as it's the easiest system to mod.

On top of that, the newer 360s are still pretty easy to mod.

If you have a PS2, specifically a thin PS2(way easier to mod), you could just burn DVDs with full Rom sets with emulators and play them on that. Other than that, it's been so long since I modded mine, but I'll look around.

Suggesting to purchase the games when it's been established that piracy is the goal is kind of silly. If anything you'd buy a wii with this purpose in mind to mod it as it's the easiest system to mod.

If you have a PS2, specifically a thin PS2(way easier to mod), you could just burn DVDs with full Rom sets with emulators and play them on that. Other than that, it's been so long since I modded mine, but I'll look around.

it's not really piracy, sure maybe it can be boiled down to that, but the point is clearly to play games he already owns by modifying something else, it's like modifying a laserdisk player to play CDs, sure it's not the original usage it was designed for, but the intention is to multi-purpose something to use something else he already owns, not create bootlegs

it's not really piracy, sure maybe it can be boiled down to that, but the point is clearly to play games he already owns by modifying something else, it's like modifying a laserdisk player to play CDs, sure it's not the original usage it was designed for, but the intention is to multi-purpose something to use something else he already owns, not create bootlegs

Basically. I mowed a shit ton of lawns to play these games. These have been earned.

He's wanting to mod his Xbox so he can run emulators. He has no interest in playing SNES cartridges on his Xbox. (i.e. not the same thing)

If this was about playing SNES cartridges, he'd go buy an SNES. Which are slightly more expensive, and require you to actually pay for games...

(Edit - So re-reading that, it came off a bit negative. I personally don't care what people do with their old Xbox. But if you're gonna make an arcade with a bunch of pirated games out of it, don't beat around the bush about it.)

He's wanting to mod his Xbox so he can run emulators. He has no interest in playing SNES cartridges on his Xbox. (i.e. not the same thing)

If this was about playing SNES cartridges, he'd go buy an SNES. Which are slightly more expensive, and require you to actually pay for games...

(Edit - So re-reading that, it came off a bit negative. I personally don't care what people do with their old Xbox. But if you're gonna make an arcade with a bunch of pirated games out of it, don't beat around the bush about it.)

I have an SNES, NES, Genesis, N64, PS1 and somewhere at my parents house a NEO Geo. This is about not wanting to have 6 systems on top of a ps3 and xbox360 cluttering my house and making my wife's life easier when she wants to game since she's retarded with anything made after 1998.