Glassjaw EYEWTKAS gold repress

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so whoever reads this post that's never heard glassjaw and enjoys hardcore/punk/rock and likes the sound vinyl emits (you're here, aren't you?!) please give this release a go. it must be noted that the producer, ross robinson, is very adamant about his recording processes and chooses to only record analog. as i listen to this new copy with a decent set of headphones, i can't help but think of all the people that have missed out on a true gem. it has a unique and raw feel to it that you will appreciate. get into it.

it may have been recorded analog, which is great, but didn't this come from a remaster (one that was completely unsanctioned by the band) by roadrunner a couple of years ago? i would bet that the source for the pressing is not analog, unfortunately.

i listened to my black copy the other day, and while it sounds decent enough, it doesn't exactly sound like it came from tape. i wish it did.

so whoever reads this post that's never heard glassjaw and enjoys hardcore/punk/rock and likes the sound vinyl emits (you're here, aren't you?!) please give this release a go. it must be noted that the producer, ross robinson, is very well known for recording Korn, Limp Bizkit, and similar shitty bands, though he did record At the Drive In once, so that's sort of cool I guess.

Ross also did the Blood Brothers(BPIB I believe). He said the drummer had to track after the guitarists because he couldn't play with the metronome which explains the crazy up and down timing through out that album. He worked with my band back in like 2007, just giving us tips and helping us rewrite some shit(he's from the same area, and was good friends with our A&R). He had some very interesting stories about recording EYEWTKAS and the Korn S/T. He's a really nice guy and has a crazy ass dog he takes everywhere.

As well as I can remember, I believe he said Pretty Lush was the last song to have vocals recorded and Daryl was either having throat surgery the next day or had just had it and everyone was in tears over it and that thing on the end of the first Korn album was found on a blank tape in the closet of the bar his parents used to run in Yermo, CA(some speck of a town with like a 50 person population) and he figures it was some secretly recorded tape the women must have made to take ro divorce court or something lol