What's everyone's favorite venue for shows?

slymer

Cafe Metropolis in Wilkes-Barre. i miss the place a lot... looking forward to going there again in about a month when i go out for the weekend. they usually manage to have some amazing shows for being such a small venue.

is this a christian coffee house building type deal

nah, but if you're thinking of one near clarion that'd be Solid Rock. they're closed though. the coffee house sold to someone.

metro is a full time venue located in w-b. it's a total dive and is in probably the worst part of the town. at least it used to be that way... they just built a huge theatre near it, so they may have cleaned the area up some. i've seen Cursive, the Casualties, Unseen, Flogging Molly, Pietasters, Toasters, melt banana, Big D, Streetlight, and a bunch more there. the place holds 200-250, but the one year at skalloween Big D played and there was over 400 packed into it and another 100+ turned away. you could barely breath inside. i saw Big D 4 times there, and every time was totally fucking nuts.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw at least one or two mentions of the webster...

seriously?

..no...seriously?

one of the worst sounding venues i've ever been in.

in the same vein, while it was larger, and less intimate, the avalon had AMAZING sound. not pumped on them making it EVEN BIGGER now. i liked the axis.

First Unitarian Church in Philly.

Middle East in Cambridge would easily be on top of the list if I were able to go ape shit and not get kicked out. Although I understand their reasoning, so its still up there.

My buddies house, Fort Fuck Awesome in Allston, was wicked rad. They had to stop doing shows this past weekend though due to plain clothes police showing up.

i have some friends that live in allston and they did some basement shows in there house a while back.

i wish i could say i know them, but i've only lived here about 2 months now, and been around the area working since august.

I'm in the bay area and my favorite is easily bottom of the hill. It somehow is actually pretty nice but feels a little dingy in a good way. Not to mention it has the most shows I want to go to. Other than that... I actually like the warfield because theres plenty of room to sit if you arent watching anyone, and i like the tiered floor set up.