What's everyone's favorite venue for shows?

slymer

Mine is definitely The Casbah in San Diego (by the airport). I love everything about the place. Never had a bad time. Good sound, good beer prices, the staff is cool. It's 21+ and only holds around 200 people. Every time I go there I get a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Just saw DTR there for the 3rd time Saturday night. It was incredible.

http://www.casbahmusic.com/

So let's hear what everyone else's favorite is.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is definitely The Casbah in San Diego (by the airport). I love everything about the place. Never had a bad time. Good sound, good beer prices, the staff is cool. It's 21+ and only holds around 200 people. Every time I go there I get a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Just saw DTR there for the 3rd time Saturday night. It was incredible.

http://www.casbahmusic.com/

So let's hear what everyone else's favorite is.

i will agree with this forsure

I love Bottom of the Hill. It's just a rad, semi-small venue with a great set up. It's usually pretty chill and has an outside area for smokers/in between sets. But there's a ton of great local venues.

It used to be Slims but I just haven't seen much their lately.

I also loved the Catalyst about three years ago, but the recent installment of a stage barricade (on what is literally a six foot tall stage) makes you feel like you're 30 feet away when you're in the front row. Not to mention the security are typically douches.

Guest falloutcollapse

I really like The Beat Kitchen in Chicago when they book bands that I like and are all-ages shows. Otherwise, my 2nd favorite venue is The Metro, also in Chicago.

I love Bottom of the Hill. It's just a rad, semi-small venue with a great set up. It's usually pretty chill and has an outside area for smokers/in between sets. But there's a ton of great local venues.

It used to be Slims but I just haven't seen much their lately.

I also loved the Catalyst about three years ago, but the recent installment of a stage barricade (on what is literally a six foot tall stage) makes you feel like you're 30 feet away when you're in the front row. Not to mention the security are typically douches.

i agree with you 100%. though slim's was always kinda "ehh" for me. BOTH is where it's at.

i've never been to the catalyst pre-barricade. its ok. i like how there's benches on the side. so if you dont wanna stand up the whole time, you can sit down and still watch the band (since the stage is so high).

Fireside Bowl - Chicago, IL

Easily the best in terms of sound/quality bands in its heyday. Now they only have about one show per month and it's usually locals. Not the same, but man, I saw just about every band I like there at some point over the years.

The Metro sounds like complete garbage. I hate that place.

Beat Kitchen is ok I guess. Empty Bottle is ok. Double Door blows. The Note pretty much blows.

House Of Blues in Chicago is pretty awesome.

if you like big corporate venues with atrocious meathead security dudes, expensive tickets and one of the least intimate "mid sized" venues in the city.

----

the Empty Bottle in Chicago is awesome, a bar, maybe holds 300-350 people, more of an indie rock but still a host to a lot of punk rock shows, seen a lot of amazing shows here.

Schubas in Chicago, small and intimate, maybe 200 people...the live room is smaller than the Casbah in SD.

the Casbah in San Diego is pretty righteous.

Triple Rock Social Club is the perfect venue for any and every show.

Fireside Bowl(RIP) was a trip, they still have shows, but they're all 21+. the place was DIRTY, fucked up, roach infested, but goddamn, I spent some of the best days and nights of my life there, and certainly met some of my greatest friends because of the shows there.

It'll always be my favorite venue. Worts and all, as they say.

House Of Blues in Chicago is pretty awesome.

if you like big corporate venues with atrocious meathead security dudes, expensive tickets and one of the least intimate "mid sized" venues in the city.

----

the Empty Bottle in Chicago is awesome, a bar, maybe holds 300-350 people, more of an indie rock but still ahost to a lot of punk rock show, seen a lot of amazing shows here.

Schubas in Chicago, small and intimate, maybe 200 people...the live room is smaller than the Casbah in SD.

the Casbah in San Diego is pretty righteous.

Triple Rock Social Club is the perfect venue for any and every show.

Fireside Bowl(RIP) was a trip, they still have shows, but they're all 21+. the place was DIRTY, fucked up, roach infested, but goddamn, I spent some of the best days and nights of my life there, and certainly met some of my greatest friends because of the shows there.

It'll always be my favorite venue. Worts and all, as they say.

dude its ronnie the bear what did u expect?

Guest falloutcollapse

^^QFT about HOB and their idiot security. And my guitar teacher loves to tell about how he's seen Thursday zillions of times at the Fireside Bowl and how awesome and intimate and wonderful and amazing it was. Asshole.

^^QFT about HOB and their idiot security. And my guitar teacher loves to tell about how he's seen Thursday zillions of times at the Fireside Bowl and how awesome and intimate and wonderful and amazing it was. Asshole.

it was pretty fucking amazing, though I think they only played there 3 or 4 times.