What's everyone's favorite venue for shows?

slymer

the glasshouse still has good enough shows for me - ive been there a couple times in the last few months......i think my favorite part is how if you keep walking down the street away from the venue you end up in 1943

I swear you walk down a bit and cross that major street, I could swear I'm in a horror movie. Its really weird. Decent venue, saw Pretty Girls there on their farewell tour.

so true, if you take a left out of the glasshouse and walk down it looks like it was just abandoned one day in the 40s or 50s...sooooooo scary

the worst is the fucking church across the street from one of the parking lots and the mexican restaurant. im sure during the day its fine, but at night thats one of the creepiest places ive ever been

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear you walk down a bit and cross that major street, I could swear I'm in a horror movie. Its really weird. Decent venue, saw Pretty Girls there on their farewell tour.

so true, if you take a left out of the glasshouse and walk down it looks like it was just abandoned one day in the 40s or 50s...sooooooo scary

the worst is the fucking church across the street from one of the parking lots and the mexican restaurant. im sure during the day its fine, but at night thats one of the creepiest places ive ever been

Yep and then you make a left and you're on a normal busy street. Its just an odd, odd place.

Also, the Grog Shop = best

[image]

I do love me some Grog Shop when I'm in Cleveland.

Stage low to the ground, never too crowded (at least when I've been there), decently priced beer, Heisel dominating the jukebox, merch area is nice and open and close to the stage, and it's the perfect place for P Fresh to heckle.

Also, the Grog Shop = best

[image]

I do love me some Grog Shop when I'm in Cleveland.

Stage low to the ground, never too crowded (at least when I've been there), decently priced beer, Heisel dominating the jukebox, merch area is nice and open and close to the stage, and it's the perfect place for P Fresh to heckle.

I wish I could go to shows with you dudes.

if you like big corporate venues with atrocious meathead security dudes, expensive tickets and one of the least intimate "mid sized" venues in the city.

----

the Empty Bottle in Chicago is awesome, a bar, maybe holds 300-350 people, more of an indie rock but still ahost to a lot of punk rock show, seen a lot of amazing shows here.

Schubas in Chicago, small and intimate, maybe 200 people...the live room is smaller than the Casbah in SD.

the Casbah in San Diego is pretty righteous.

Triple Rock Social Club is the perfect venue for any and every show.

Fireside Bowl(RIP) was a trip, they still have shows, but they're all 21+. the place was DIRTY, fucked up, roach infested, but goddamn, I spent some of the best days and nights of my life there, and certainly met some of my greatest friends because of the shows there.

It'll always be my favorite venue. Worts and all, as they say.

dude its ronnie the bear what did u expect?

Haha, I was just making a casual comment based on the one time I've been there. DON'T TASE ME, BROS

I don't really like any of the venues in Pittsburgh.

The Mr. Roboto Project is probably the coolest. It's a little hole in the wall space, but it's run by the community and they do a great job.

Our other venues have their moments, but there's also a lot of bad moments too.

Mr. Smalls is probably the most popular, but everything sounds TERRIBLE in there. It's an old church and bands just never sound good there. The plus to this place is that I found the contorl for the air conditioning so in the summer I turn it down to like 60 degrees -- muhahahahaha!

The Rex is cool, but I don't like the setup. The stage is kind of high and for the type of bands that play there it just doesn't feel right.

Diesel, this place is a joke. It's a dance club that holds shows here and there. I saw the Loved Ones and Gaslight Anthem there last night and it seeing a punk band in a dance club just makes things feel so out of place. They do have an upstairs that's 21+ and that makes it solid to watch the bands and not have to deal w/ the kids though.

in cleveland, its a toss up of a new place called The Davenport, or the Grog...

in pittsburgh, if i had to pick it would be mr. roboto project, (but back in the day i loveddd going to natrona heights for shows at the Planet Of The Apes)

in columbus, i've only been to a couple, but i like the ravari (sp?) room, and bernies (only because its really scummy, and i find that fun)

in nyc, i'd probably say Knitting Factory.

um... i can't think of any others off the top of my head.

First Unitarian Church in Philly.

Middle East in Cambridge would easily be on top of the list if I were able to go ape shit and not get kicked out. Although I understand their reasoning, so its still up there.

My buddies house, Fort Fuck Awesome in Allston, was wicked rad. They had to stop doing shows this past weekend though due to plain clothes police showing up.

i have some friends that live in allston and they did some basement shows in there house a while back.

Southgate House-Newport, KY.

They serve canned PBR and High Life, the sound and acoustics are great, and the guy that invented the tommy gun used to live there. (it's an old mansion that has since been converted, but there's a lot of cool 18/19th century art that has probably been there for a loooong time.

It also has mulitple rooms. Great Atmosphere, cool people, great music.

I don't really like any of the venues in Pittsburgh.

The Mr. Roboto Project is probably the coolest. It's a little hole in the wall space, but it's run by the community and they do a great job.

Our other venues have their moments, but there's also a lot of bad moments too.

Mr. Smalls is probably the most popular, but everything sounds TERRIBLE in there. It's an old church and bands just never sound good there. The plus to this place is that I found the contorl for the air conditioning so in the summer I turn it down to like 60 degrees -- muhahahahaha!

The Rex is cool, but I don't like the setup. The stage is kind of high and for the type of bands that play there it just doesn't feel right.

Diesel, this place is a joke. It's a dance club that holds shows here and there. I saw the Loved Ones and Gaslight Anthem there last night and it seeing a punk band in a dance club just makes things feel so out of place. They do have an upstairs that's 21+ and that makes it solid to watch the bands and not have to deal w/ the kids though.

Kirby, we need to hang out.

I wish they could resurrect Graffiti!!!