Blink182-Mark Tom & Travis Show2xLP 2ndPress

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

You guys are aware that things do go out of stock right?

With these big exclusives I keep a back up so when they do sell out online I can have someone put up more for sale. Sometimes they go out of stock for a day or 2 before I can get more up for sale online. Thats what happened here. Sorry if your order got canceled but these were up for sale for like a month and a half to two months before they ever went out of stock at all though so its not like these were hard to find.

With these big exclusives I keep a back up so when they do sell out online I can have someone put up more for sale. Sometimes they go out of stock for a day or 2 before I can get more up for sale online. Thats what happened here. Sorry if your order got canceled but these were up for sale for like a month and a half to two months before they ever went out of stock at all though so its not like these were hard to find.

People just like to bitch. They had more then enough time to buy a copy, the blame falls on no one except themselves.

travis. do any stores in virginia still have this?

travis. do any stores in virginia still have this?

Please?

People just like to bitch. They had more then enough time to buy a copy, the blame falls on no one except themselves.

It's true, I have no one to blame but myself for being late to the game. I'm not as much of a die hard fan as some, so I wasn't as 'in the know' as I could have been, but when I found out about this record, I had to have it in my collection because it brings back so many fond memories. I do understand that things go out of stock from time to time, especially limited items like this, but what I was personally upset about was the way my order was handled by Hot Topic. From the sounds of it (the way that you set some aside to supply later, Travis), they should have sent me a message saying something along the lines of, "We are currently out of stock, but may be getting more. This portion of your order will be placed on backorder until we know for sure that we won't be getting more," rather than just canceling that portion of the order. I probably would have waited a week or two to see if they got more(long enough for them to come back into stock) and not run off to get screwed on eBay by resellers. The way that it was put across to me made it seem like eBay was the only option I had, so finding out that they had more after sending out such a final sounding message was really frustrating.

I'm sorry if my post was too bitchy, but I was annoyed and felt the need to join HipsterAsFolk in voicing frustration with the way Hot Topic dealt with their apparent lack of stock. No one likes to pay double for something they truly needn't pay double for, especially when it's something that's supposed to be cool and fun! Either way, I managed to get a copy, over-priced as it was, and I must thank you for your hand in getting this stuff pressed and out there, Travis. It's great to spin this stuff :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...