Make us all laugh

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUSLIMS WHERE FUNNY LOOKIN CLOTHES!!! ON THEY'RE FACES TO! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOFFFLOOOL.

OMG!!!!!!!! AMERICANS ARE FAT AS FUCK!!! STUPID LAZY AMERICANS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOLOLOLOLOLOFFFLOOOL

Fuck off for taking life too seriously to think any group of people are above ridicule.

It's not that I think they're above ridicule, it's because that's a completely stupid joke. And it just so happens to come at a time where most people who make jokes like that are xenophobic and the jokes come from a place of fear, misunderstanding and plain racism. If you are not one of those morons, then I apologize. Also, only Muslim women wear burqas, so the joke doesn't even make sense. AAaaand, there is very little correlation between how seriously one takes life and how willing they are to make jokes at other people's expense. It's really more of an interest in not looking like an idiot. Also, you apparently take life seriously enough to go straight to "fuck off" because someone didn't like a post you made on a message board. Unless you personally made that image, then your emotional investment is way overstated. Even if you did, lighten up.

And this concludes our broadcast day. Thanks for playing.

casey, will you marry me?

You know I will. And I am excited to see what kind of video game-based gay bashing cartoon raidenradio has in store for us.

i have to admit that lionel richie pic is pretty damn funny. i do love that song though. don't hate.

That one was good and the honey bear one was marginally funny.

#creditwherecredit'sdue

It's not that I think they're above ridicule, it's because that's a completely stupid joke. And it just so happens to come at a time where most people who make jokes like that are xenophobic and the jokes come from a place of fear, misunderstanding and plain racism. If you are not one of those morons, then I apologize. Also, only Muslim women wear burqas, so the joke doesn't even make sense. AAaaand, there is very little correlation between how seriously one takes life and how willing they are to make jokes at other people's expense. It's really more of an interest in not looking like an idiot. Also, you apparently take life seriously enough to go straight to "fuck off" because someone didn't like a post you made on a message board. Unless you personally made that image, then your emotional investment is way overstated. Even if you did, lighten up.

And this concludes our broadcast day. Thanks for playing.

So you're making a long diatribe about insensitivity towards Muslims in this country and the continuity of females/males and their depiction in the picture. Yeah you don't take anything too seriously at all.

Ooh that one with the Race to Witch Mountain? That doesn't make any sense. She says wrestling is fake but in the movie Dwayne Johnson is portraying a different character not the Rock. So his reaction doesn't make sense and that's not funny hurrrrrrr

To me there is no such thing as a racist joke. Racism is hatred, nothing more and nothing less. You can't be someone who is racist because you find a joke funny that is deemed racist yet not hold hatred against a race. That makes no sense. There's no such thing as a racial word, racial joke, racial slur. If a guy is telling racist jokes because he is a racist then it's him, not the jokes that are the racists. Anyway that's how I feel.

I stand by my fuck off.

[image]

Racism is hatred, nothing more and nothing less. You can't be someone who is racist because you find a joke funny that is deemed racist yet not hold hatred against a race. That makes no sense. There's no such thing as a racial word, racial joke, racial slur. If a guy is telling racist jokes because he is a racist then it's him, not the jokes that are the racists. Anyway that's how I feel.

I think you're cool, dude and I don't think your attempt at humor was necessarily racist but I'm not sure you thought all this through.

By your declaration that "Racism is hatred, nothing more and nothing less" you fail to recognize a basic premise accepted by a majority of people. You claim there aren't racial words, racial jokes, and racial slurs, but that's not true. There are racist jokes. Anytime you drop the N word in a joke, then it's a racist joke. It's generally accepted that the word was used to demean black people. I agree to some extent that intention matters, however, there are words and slurs that carry prejudice and racist overtones, thus making them entirely useless for any purpose other than to denigrate people.

Remember, words don't have meaning, they have usage. And how they are used most of the time dictates how they're interpreted.

Just some thoughts.

Racism is hatred, nothing more and nothing less. You can't be someone who is racist because you find a joke funny that is deemed racist yet not hold hatred against a race. That makes no sense. There's no such thing as a racial word, racial joke, racial slur. If a guy is telling racist jokes because he is a racist then it's him, not the jokes that are the racists. Anyway that's how I feel.

I think you're cool, dude and I don't think your attempt at humor was necessarily racist but I'm not sure you thought all this through.

By your declaration that "Racism is hatred, nothing more and nothing less" you fail to recognize a basic premise accepted by a majority of people. You claim there aren't racial words, racial jokes, and racial slurs, but that's not true. There are racist jokes. Anytime you drop the N word in a joke, then it's a racist joke. It's generally accepted that the word was used to demean black people. I agree to some extent that intention matters, however, there are words and slurs that carry prejudice and racist overtones, thus making them entirely useless for any purpose other than to denigrate people.

Remember, words don't have meaning, they have usage. And how they are used most of the time dictates how they're interpreted.

Just some thoughts.

i think youre mixing up racism and stereotyping. because thats where jokes about race, religion, and so on come from... stereotypes.

like this gem i heard over the weekend...

whats black on top and white on bottom?

rape.

I stand by my fuck off.

Cool. Then I rescind my apology about you maybe not being a moron. Because that last ass-covering justification was one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. And I did make a statement about the treatment of Muslims in this country because it's an issue that I personally find important. "Taking life too seriously" is a concept that you introduced, that is so broad as to have no application here. And I never said I didn't take life seriously, because I absolutely do. When confronted, stupid people argue points that were never made because they can't keep track of things like logic and narrative. And that's that mattress man.

In college there was like 10 of us in a bathroom smoking. For some reason I decided to tell a joke about one of the guys who was my roommate for years. I was saying how he was outside working all day on his truck and blah blah blah. For some reason (in the past I used the word randomly and loosely, always among friends but I guess meant it as trash talk never really intended it for anyone [that I recall] like for some reason I never used it as a noun if that makes sense. it was never used for talking about a group of people or intended for a black person) I decided to say yeah and you were out there sweating like a nword. The whole room got quiet and everyone looked over towards Tiffany, a black girl in the room with us. I never felt so ashamed and embarrassed in my life.

Basically it is how you use the words. I am not a big supporter of the muslims one way or the other, or really get involved with all the political stuff. Although, it is sad that a whole culture of people are being stereotyped according to the 1% or so that give them a bad rap. My dad would never hurt a fly and to me is just so awesome. Being an only child we were always close. Growing up in southern Louisiana I quickly noticed how racist my family was.

Maybe I am biased, but it always felt like they did not have a problem with other races, but wrongly had something to say about them because of the negative stereotypes the public has for them.

I don't know, I am very open and other races, sexual orientations, etc do not phase me. I really do my best to be a good and honest person no matter what. What others want to do in there life is totally up to them and who I am to ever say anything about it.

I am not perfect, but I tend to recluse in my apartment, play games, listen to music, not socialize, keep to myself, so maybe I feel like I am a generally good and decent guy. I use manners still to this day, open the door for people, have community food donations, help someone carry their luggage at the airport. I do know that part of me has to fight the part that wants to stereotype others, but my good side always seems to win.

Why did I type all that I have soooo much work to do? Sorry for the rant. I am sure someone will bitch or call me out. I was just being honest in my experience with jokes, racism, stereotyping, etc.

edit: I really had to add like 12 commas or something

Why do people say "the N word"?. You just implied it anyway, so just go ahead and say it...

That's what I thought...pussy. :P

I was making reference to it. I wouldn't use that word, just like I wouldn't use a lot of other slurs because they exist solely for demeaning purposes in today's society. It's contemporary derivation has a usage that is hurtful to many people. For you to try to point it out like I was scared to say it makes you a dipshit because you didn't say it either.

i think youre mixing up racism and stereotyping. because thats where jokes about race, religion, and so on come from... stereotypes.

I'm not confusing anything. But I do think you're right, a lot of jokes are based on stereotypes. That doesn't eliminate the responsibility of the joke teller, though. If you want to be a racist, then just be fine with it. Just accept it. A lot of people want to harbor feelings of prejudice and act like saying a joke, like your supposed gem, isn't racist. Your joke makes an implication that isn't true, because all races of people are rapists. Therefore your joke isn't stereotyping, it's just racist. Maybe you're not a racist and just being edgy. But you can't say something and expect everyone to accept it and view it the way you do.