Are Magic cards worth anything anymore?

I was cleaning my basement last week and found a bunch of old Magic: The Gathering cards (yeah, I didn't get laid in high school, so what?). Are these things worth any money? The earliest ones I have are from Revised and 4th Edition; the last expansion pack I think I got sucked up in was Tempest (or maybe whatever was right after that -- Mirage?). Anyone know anything?

Magic cards are indeed worth a lot if you got the right ones.... however, the most expensive cards from Revised and up to Tempest are the dual lands (revised) and some specific cards from the series (a few)... duals lands are worth about $30 each depending on the cards condition.

I didn't know how to spell "sex" in high school....

Magic cards are indeed worth a lot if you got the right ones.... however, the most expensive cards from Revised and up to Tempest are the dual lands (revised) and some specific cards from the series (a few)... duals lands are worth about $30 each depending on the cards condition.

Is there by chance a price guide online somewhere? And would I need to have the cards professionally appraised or do people buy them loose?

Is there by chance a price guide online somewhere? And would I need to have the cards professionally appraised or do people buy them loose?

there is a rough price guide on www.motl.com and here's a condition guide:

http://www.anycraze.com/card_quality.asp

the market is relatively dead, with the exception of the big ten cards, and a handful of overly useful stuff. ebay has made it all readily available that its killed it.

Selling off my big ten cards got me my last (not current) car.

Everything I have left is pretty much worthless now.

I was thinking about putting all of them up in one lot on ebay and be done with it, but I have to figure out how to pack them all first...

what are the big ten cards you're talking about? i was into magic before high school, haha in like 92 - 95 middle school era... i may have some money cards lying around at my parents house! scoreeeeeeeeee

lets see how much i recall..

the big ten i believe are

black lotus

mox pearl

mox emerald

mox jet

mox sapphire

mox ruby?

timewalk

time twister

time vault?

... and one more i cant remember.

pretty much its those, a handful of arabian nights and antiquities expansion cards, and like revised double lands... everything else is pretty much garbage.

what are the big ten cards you're talking about? i was into magic before high school, haha in like 92 - 95 middle school era... i may have some money cards lying around at my parents house! scoreeeeeeeeee

lets see how much i recall..

the big ten i believe are

black lotus

mox pearl

mox emerald

mox jet

mox sapphire

mox ruby?

timewalk

time twister

time vault?

... and one more i cant remember.

pretty much its those, a handful of arabian nights and antiquities expansion cards, and like revised double lands... everything else is pretty much garbage.

Ancestral Recall is the last one.

Some people consider (or at least used to) Lich and Word of Command to be up there, too...

off topic, but about 5 years ago i was hardcore into baseball cards (ones that have pieces of original bats and jerseys, rookies and graded cards)...i ended up selling them all on ebay except for about 100 i really wanted to keep....ended up making about 10-12 grand...it was awesome

i still have some really rare and awesome cards i am holding onto though