Fuel For The Hate Game pressing info

So HWM was somehow one of those bands I never got into. One of my friends told me if I ever came across Fuel For The Hate Game to pick it up and I'd like it, so I found one of the recent pressings at a local store and grabbed it. I know it's a very recent pressing (it has the new labels and it came with a download code) but I can't figure out which it is and I'm curious.

The vinyl itself is a dark swirl of what's like an army green, and it has black, white, brown, purple, etc in it. It's mostly this dark green/brown color though. The insert it came with is printed on pink paper and has the pressings listed up to the 16th press. The matrix says "Whoah! Ten Years!" on the a-side and "How many times have we cut this thing?" on the b-side. I figured since it came out in '98 I had a 2008 pressing but it doesn't look like it's pale purple, pale gray, pale green, bright purple, gray, or purple. Anyone know?

i can tell you what you have.... One of the best records ever pressed in wax. handsdown. sunup to sundown, sheer balls out awesomeness. Your next task is to pick up Forever and Counting.

the mushy mixes are a combo of whatever leftover pellets were sitting around the plant. so usually it's a crapshoot of what comes out and all relative in the grand scheme of things. But, it sounds like you a have pale green, one awesome record on pale green.

lol. I'm well aware of its lack of value as evidenced by my first post. I'm obviously not looking to sell it. Just curious for tradelist purposes! And yes it is a great record, I might go back and get a couple other HWM records. Anyone have any recommendations for which to get next?

No Division, A Flight And A Crash

The vinyl itself is a dark swirl of what's like an army green, and it has black, white, brown, purple, etc in it. It's mostly this dark green/brown color though. The insert it came with is printed on pink paper and has the pressings listed up to the 16th press. The matrix says "Whoah! Ten Years!" on the a-side and "How many times have we cut this thing?" on the b-side. I figured since it came out in '98 I had a 2008 pressing but it doesn't look like it's pale purple, pale gray, pale green, bright purple, gray, or purple. Anyone know?

I'd be tempted to say this, but with all "mix" colours they can vary a lot throughout the pressing!

NIR 037 - HOT WATER MUSIC "Fuel For the Hate Game" LP/CD

16th Pressing: 75 Red/Pink Mix, 225 Yellow/Brown Mix, 225 Purple/Gray Mix (9/3/2010)

These are the ones I have from the 16th press, some look very similar as variations between opaque and transparent mixes don't show up too well, all of them have either pink and yellow inserts:

[image]

As for which LP's to go for, I'd say start at the beginning and work your way through in chronological order, that way you'd also be able to see how they developed as a band!

Why is Finding the Rhythms always overlooked? I love the raw authenticity and passion of four guys exploring and building towards a unique sound that would explode with Fuel for the Hate Game and then be mimicked across the indie scene for around 15 years now.

Can't go wrong with Forever & Counting, Caution, No Division - there isn't a bad album in the bunch but I would leave New What Next for last since, while it's a solid album, it goes into a different direction that makes more sense when heard in sequence.

I'll fourth Caution. Top 10 record for me. Hard to sell the myriad variants I have of it, but a necessity of personality as it were.

I gave up on the variants once the grey and purple mix made telling them apart a cruel OCD joke. No way of knowing which you got unless it came with a little note.

I'll fourth Caution. Top 10 record for me. Hard to sell the myriad variants I have of it, but a necessity of personality as it were.

I gave up on the variants once the grey and purple mix made telling them apart a cruel OCD joke. No way of knowing which you got unless it came with a little note.

I'll fifth Caution. I never really got into HWM, but I randomly listened to one of their songs like a week ago and then went and got their full discog.