Getting a Smartphone..

i love my blackberry. my only issue with it is internet browsing, which is better on iphone and android. but really, blackberry has the best OS. its simple, it makes sense, its not overly animated, and it doesnt rely on thousands and thousands of useless apps.

Guest errolwest
i love my blackberry. my only issue with it is internet browsing, which is better on iphone and android. but really, blackberry has the best OS. its simple, it makes sense, its not overly animated, and it doesnt rely on thousands and thousands of useless apps.

Agree. But I hate android.

blackberry is the way to go.

and bbm? so awesome.

holla mypin:31134121

bbm really is the best feature on blackberry. 95% because of group chats. its baffling that chat rooms arent a standard feature on all smart phones at this point... and it will be amazing once chat rooms are available across different networks.

I got a Motorola Atrix about 2 months ago. Its my first smartphone, and I love it. I have NES, SNES, GBA, and N64 emulators, a sweet animated Cave Story background, Legend of Zelda ringtones. I use Google Translate all the time , there are lots of great jazz stations on TuneIn, and Google Sky is one of the coolest apps ever! The camera is ok, but it shoots great HD video and I took some sweet contraband footage of a thermite reaction at work. iPhone and Blackberry are cool too I guess.

speaking of alarm clocks...

the blackberrys default alarm is perfect. its just annoying enough to get your ass up- but not bad enough to make you change the sound. 4 of my friends and i havent bothered changing it, because its literally the perfect alarm.

it really boils down to personal preference. blackberry is good for heavy text usage on phones, composing emails and the like, particularly for people who like tangible keys. i had one, but didn't care for it.

i got a droid 1 almost a year ago, and it is the best phone i've ever had. it's as simple or as customizable are you want it to be. i rooted mine and enjoy flashing new roms... it kind of makes my phone feel unique, like no one else has theirs set up exactly like mine. plus the android community is a pretty tightly knit group of developers, testers, and nerds that are pretty good at making things understandable to the layperson.

i would wait until the droid bionic comes out. that is going to be a monster of a phone. i think they speculate a may/june release. the only other contender, i think, would be an iphone 5, when (if) that drops, and only if the new iOS allows widgets and an android-level feel of user customizability.

sorry that was long, but i hope it helped!

I've been thinking about this and I might hold off for another couple of month. I'm gonna spend my money on vinyl for a few more months first. Thanks for all the advice though.

good call. there will be some really big contenders coming about in the beginning of summer i think. you'll be able to pick from the litter of the big ones. i'm in a similar boat, and i think my choice is between the Droid Bionic and the iPhone 5 (given it releases soon).