IM DONE WITH RSD

reading about what everyone else is buying makes me want to buy something...

EDIT 1: oh, and I like how there are 69(!) tron 10"s on ebay right now... wow...

EDIT 2: even dubmaverick (of alkaline trio exclusive color fame) is selling one! and not only that, but he's selling an external harddrive that "COMES WITH POWER CHORDS"!!! what a rockin' harddrive :)

it was a headache, as usual and definitely as expected, but for the most part i got everything i needed/really wanted. i wanted Nirvana because i love Nirvana and it's annoying as hell to hear about all the asshole flippers running in the store to grab those up just to turn around and flip them. i'm also bummed i didn't get a Glassjaw W&T, it was marketed as RSD (despite what travis says) and no store around here had it that i could find. i'm a little worried about even getting a copy if SRC's site is right about it being /1000.

it's not so much fuck RSD, it's fuck the flippers.

i bought extra stuff i knew people on this board wanted specifically to help them out and sell them at the exact price i paid plus shipping. or maybe in the off chance i might make a fair trade for something i'm trying to get that i didn't find after going to 7 stores and calling 2 others!

it was a headache, as usual and definitely as expected, but for the most part i got everything i needed/really wanted. i wanted Nirvana because i love Nirvana and it's annoying as hell to hear about all the asshole flippers running in the store to grab those up just to turn around and flip them. i'm also bummed i didn't get a Glassjaw W&T, it was marketed as RSD (despite what travis says) and no store around here had it that i could find. i'm a little worried about even getting a copy if SRC's site is right about it being /1000.

i bought extra stuff i knew people on this board wanted specifically to help them out and sell them at the exact price i paid plus shipping. or maybe in the off chance i might make a fair trade for something i'm trying to get that i didn't find after going to 7 stores and calling 2 others!

im still not certain of it... but it sounds like gj is gonna be widely available among HTs. so really, you should be all set.

See, this is how I thought my RSD experience would go. So I got up extra early and got a pretty good place in line (like 15th out of 300 by the time Park Ave CD's in Orlando opened), but it was the least stressful experience and really so much fun the way they set it up. They set the RSD records up so that you moved around the store in an orderly way, only let 8 people go in at a time (rewarding those who got there early) and then gave you shit tons of free stuff outside the store when you were done checking out. Everyone was friendly, everyone was helpful, plenty of staff was on hand to check availability of something if it looked like it wasn't on the floor. Overall. Amazing.

Also, they only let you get 1 copy of each release. Which cut way back on the craziness and fighting that can happen at some stores.