Clearance at Epitaph (Kings Road) Store

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone notice the Alkaline Trio red version of "This Addiction"? I'm trying to figure out what it is because it appears to be marble red and the description says it was a part of the first pressing out of 1000...but I'm almost 100% certain the first pressing had only 500 copies on clear red, not marble.

I noticed a lot of the item desriptions are not up to date. I think its supposed to be 500 red and 1,000 green. They originally put it up backwards....then took a while to clarify it

Anyone notice the Alkaline Trio red version of "This Addiction"? I'm trying to figure out what it is because it appears to be marble red and the description says it was a part of the first pressing out of 1000...but I'm almost 100% certain the first pressing had only 500 copies on clear red, not marble.

I noticed a lot of the item desriptions are not up to date. I think its supposed to be 500 red and 1,000 green. They originally put it up backwards....then took a while to clarify it

That would make sense. But that still doesn't answer two of my questions regarding the item picture, which looks like marble red, as well as the fact that a red one is even for sale. Those babies sold out a long time ago. I have one of the original red ones, just wanting to know a little more about this clearance version.

That would make sense. But that still doesn't answer two of my questions regarding the item picture, which looks like marble red, as well as the fact that a red one is even for sale. Those babies sold out a long time ago. I have one of the original red ones, just wanting to know a little more about this clearance version.

I was in on that pre-order too. They gave me the green vinyl. Thats the original pic used from the pre-order. Theres no marble red...and labels don't always sell all of their stock right away.

So I had a backordered order from Interpunk for a copy of Shape Of Punk To Come that I was going to end up trying to find an in-stock item to swipe it for as I assumed they'd never re-stock this since its been backordered for so long but now I just got a shipment confirmation from them. I wonder if they just grabbed a blue one from King's Road just to fulfill my order.

Hate to post right after myself in the same thread but I have a new development that fits here better than anywhere else. I went to Reckless tonight to score a few things but among them was a copy of Refused - STFTFOD and its labeled as "New" and it looks new but its black! I thought this repress was only on red. Anybody know anything about this?

Hate to post right after myself in the same thread but I have a new development that fits here better than anywhere else. I went to Reckless tonight to score a few things but among them was a copy of Refused - STFTFOD and its labeled as "New" and it looks new but its black! I thought this repress was only on red. Anybody know anything about this?

Red was the Epitaph exclusive color (and maybe HT got a few?) out of 500. All the rest for retail were on black.

What's the deal with that? If I ever get a band going again and we get to the point of producing even three quality studio tracks, that shit is getting pressed to solid, opaque red vinyl post haste!

Why isn't there more of this out there? I know those Tom Waits represses that ended up being botched were pressed to red but the red ones were way too expensive. Even the black ones were a bit on the pricey side.

would pick some of these up if they weren't as pricey as they are... $11 a piece isn't exactly 'clearance' price for LP's that have been sitting in a warehouse for more than likely well over a decade

I don't think they were meant to be clearance priced...just clearing out their warehouse of some rare and soon to be OOP stuff. I grabbed three LP's...two of which are sold out and now OOP.

Oh i completely agree that there are some great OOP stuff that you couldn't find anywhere else but at the same time, there are some LP's that I don't feel need the $11 or $12 pricetag. Even like $8 a piece would have been sufficient... either way, I can't blame them for making $, still my favorite label of all time

Oh i completely agree that there are some great OOP stuff that you couldn't find anywhere else but at the same time, there are some LP's that I don't feel need the $11 or $12 pricetag. Even like $8 a piece would have been sufficient... either way, I can't blame them for making $, still my favorite label of all time

I agree with what you are saying. I recently sold the Union 13 LP for .99 cents and I bought those DBL records a few years ago for only 3 bucks a pop, but it's also great to get the RKL and NBT record for 11 when it usually is double that.