Euthanizing my dog tomorrow morning.

Hate to bump such a horrible thread but I just had to put my baby cat down. He just had his fourth birthday. After going through a traumatic summer of having a leg injury that had him in a cast for three months... I noticed (unrelated) that he threw up and couldn't go to the bathroom on Wednesday night. I brought him into the vet first thing in the morning and they found he had pretty far advanced kidney disease and several kidney stones and bladder stones. After relieving him, there were hopes that toxic blood levels would come down very quickly and he could start kidney treatment since he's so young. Unfortunately, they never came down. The doctor said it could take a week for them to come down enough to do surgery, and even then, after thousands of dollars, there's no guarantee he'd get years or weeks.

After spending several hours with him, my girlfriend and I decided we couldn't prolong the pain any longer and decided he should go while he was relieved, before a stone dropped again (which could happen any hour).

Going home to my five year old cat was super hard and he is confused but very comforting.

It's so much harder than I ever thought it would be, but I can't stop looking at photos and videos. I'm also upset because I can't fine one picture of us together.

Sometimes I think about how much pain he must've been in, but it just kills me that he was so young.

Sorry man. Never easy to lose a member of the family. I still think of the cat I had pass two years ago - he had a certain spot on the couch he liked and it's never again felt right sitting there without him. We were such good buds. The good news is that I think of him with such adoration and it's always comforting to realize we miss someone so much because we achieved such an incredible level of love for them. That's the most beautiful thing you can achieve with another being in this life of ours. It doesn't make loss easier in the short term but I find it very comforting in the long term. 

As someone who has a 3 1/2 year old cat I can't tell you how sad I was when I saw your picture on Instagram the other day. Reading the rest of your story has really just broken my heart. So sorry about to hear about your loss dude, can't imagine what you are going through.

Dave's insight was awesomely true and relatable. Thanks for that