The Wonder Years/Stay Ahead Of The Weather Split

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no worries man.

I'm still wondering if SAOTW ever released any other songs than the 5 on the 7". anyone knows?

no suh. that's the extent of their released material. the dudes posted something on fb about listening to a new master last week, so there might be some new recorded material on the horizon, but they didn't really even specify it was their master.

Stay Ahead Of The Weather

listening to a new master.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really wish SAOTW would put out more work, or at least do another tour. I saw them Jan 1st of 2011 in a basement with TWIABP/CSTVT. They did however put Social Sorority Suicide on the DIY Chi Vol. 1 tape a little time back. So maybe this is an indication to at least have some hope for a 12" EP or 7" in the near future?

I think the plan is SAOTW is going to do a set mixed w/ Evan's full band tour later this year on the way to the Fest? but this is just an assumption, one that I hope is true <3

I really wish SAOTW would put out more work, or at least do another tour. I saw them Jan 1st of 2011 in a basement with TWIABP/CSTVT. They did however put Social Sorority Suicide on the DIY Chi Vol. 1 tape a little time back. So maybe this is an indication to at least have some hope for a 12" EP or 7" in the near future?

I think the plan is SAOTW is going to do a set mixed w/ Evan's full band tour later this year on the way to the Fest? but this is just an assumption, one that I hope is true <3

you nailed it

talked to evan first night of the GK tour and he said this is what he was TRYING to do but it wasn't confirmed yet. He said he was going to do IIOI full band with SAOTW as his backing band and then play the SAOTW ep after IIOI set was over.

you nailed it

talked to evan first night of the GK tour and he said this is what he was TRYING to do but it wasn't confirmed yet. He said he was going to do IIOI full band with SAOTW as his backing band and then play the SAOTW ep after IIOI set was over.

Woah, that'd be SICK. I'm seeing IIOI next week and the thought of full band w/ SAOTW as the backing band would be killer. Wish that'd happen sooner though *sigh*

Yea, I heard through the grapevine that Mr. Wakim has work off for the next "tour." so that has to mean something, either SAOTW is playing with a blend of IIOI songs or vice versa.

So I'm pretty stoked either way, SAOTW or full band IIOI will be amazing!

I just didn't want to post assumption hoping it gets confirmed on here. Don't feel like breaking anyone's hearts on here ;)