Your Ashes Pressed To Vinyl!

I was telling my mom when I die that I want my ashes pressed onto vinyl on top of a PBR keg w/ Grizzly tins all around it.

I read this awhile back and just now thought to post it, enjoy!

How does it work?

The process of setting human ashes into vinyl involves a very understanding pressing plant. Basically the ashes must be sprinkled onto the raw piece of vinyl (known as a "biscuit" or "puck") before it is pressed by the plates. This means that when the plates exert their pressure on the vinyl in order to create the grooves, the ashes are pressed into the record.

read more:

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2010-08/27/and-vinyly

Pirates Press did this recently with this record:

[image]

wait, theres no ashes in these!

they look like they'd be fun to throw, though.

From the Pirates Press newsletter:

"To make the project even more fitting and meaningful, I actually brought some of Bruce's ashes to our plant in the Czech Republic and pressed some of BRUCE himself into the 50 black vinyl records (test pressings) included as part of the $100 donation package!! Knowing Bruce, I'm sure he loved the trip; seeing records being made and getting drunk in the Czech Republic, seeing (and hanging out with) Cock Sparrer in Berlin, and coming home as part of these records too! For the ultimate VINYL collector and Cock Sparrer fan, what could top that..."

Also, Vikings don't give two flying fucks about beer. Nuffin' but Mead for those tough drunx.

Wouldn't going for a fermented honey/water combo kind of be more of a prissy choice than a strong, choice lager?

/don't drink, don't know

There is a mead place out here. They have a number of options. Mostly it tastes like wine. I don't drink very much because most alcohol gives me horrible headaches. Mead is no exception.

But the sweeter versions do taste pretty good. Way better than most desert wines.