Totally weirded out in class

Guest conoley

Guest conoley

I'm sitting in class right now. It was supposed to start eight minutes ago. Nobody, not even the professor is here, and I know it wasn't canceled.

WTF!?!

Guest conoley

Yeah, it's a really small building and I checked everywhere. I even got a ride to school with my friend who never, ever misses class and he's not here. This is some twilight zone shit.

Guest baseball
15 minute rule!

There's always those 1 or 2 overacheiver kids who want to ruin it for everyone and stay in class for like 30+ minutes.

I remember this one time I was in a 3 hour long Technical Writing class, yeah it sucked, and the professor wasn't showing. We decided to give him 20 minutes instead of 15 given that it was 3 hours long.

All got up and started leaving at 20 and got halfway through the double glass doors coming into the building and he was coming in from the outside. Was totally lame, but our own fault because we should have taken an alternate exit.

My spring break is this week, but Thursday afternoon I had a discussion class that I went to. I stood in the empty room for a few minutes, walked outside, saw the prof coming so I decided I'd score some brownie points and ran back in the class. He walked in and goes "well... thank YOU for coming... um... have any questions? Alright, right your name down here so I know you actually came, and have a good break!"

Then I had a class early Friday morning that was absolutely packed, and I was really hung over. My professor came over and asked if I was looking forward to break. I just said "no, just bed" and he laughed.

Guest scriptedrain

This has happened to me too, and it was in a big auditorium-style room. I don't think I ever found out what happened lol... freaky.

I had a doc in med school show up 20 minutes late to give us a lecture, then he only talked for 15 minutes (for a 50 minute lecture) and then left. Fucking endocrinologists. We would have left, but we had three more hours of classes with different docs after that. And the class was at eight in the morning.

Ha yeah the empty mystery class happened to me, but when I was trying to take the SATs years ago....I registered for St.James which was down the street from me. It should have struck me as odd that a middle school was issuing them, but whatever. I got dropped off and went in and there was nobody around, so i walked through the whole place - and this is a high class private catholic school with some nice shit, and their side door was open and most of the doors inside were unlocked, so I left a message on my moms phone and waited three hours or so for her to come back.

Only after I hopped on the Principal's personal computer in his classy-ass office I realized that the st.james I registered at wasnt even in the correct state...

and another tale of poor academic history, I had a teacher at ccbc in baltimore who told us that if the weather was nice outside and he wasnt in the classroom when it was supposed to start, then we should just leave because he was probably out golfing hahahaha.... i only showed up once or twice after that

this isnt exactly the same thing , at all.... but one time I went to a class two weeks later than it actually started, I guess I wrote it down wrong or something but when I walked in to what I thought was the first day, everyone was already going over homework and notes and the class was in full swing, i felt like a fuckhead

I was in a class first day of the semester once wondering why there were so many girls and so few guys. It was an economics class I was supposed to be in. The professor comes in and talks about course policies for a while, then 20 minutes in passes out the syllabus. Women's Studies. Well, I felt like an idiot when I had to walk out halfway through the class period.

this wasn't at school, but i came home one sunday afternoon from a friends house,

and there was like 15 pairs of shoes at my front door. there was a turkey in the oven almost

done, a table set for like 10 people, lights were on. BUT NO ONE WAS HOME! it was ridiculous...

i waited around for like 20 minutes, but i fell asleep. an hour later, i get woken up by my sister

telling me it was dinner time. my fathers side of the family was over.

i never asked where they went/were, because those eerie moments are so awesome.

I always hated showing up to school when you only had one class that day, and then the teacher does not show up. Waste of time and waking up early.

yup. happens to me all the time

This situation can typically be avoided by simply not going to campus if you only have one class scheduled that day...