Ebay Manners

Guest someriffage

It's not that my feelings are hurt, but I see what you mean. I was just surprised that someone actually would do that. Ah well.

To end this thread on a upbeat, here are three places I get records who are always pleasant/efficient:

1) Revhq

2) No Idea

3) Deathwish

I wouldn't have left neural feedback, that was a little uncalled for. $1 isn't worth fucking someone on feedback. Did you get what you paid for? Did you get it within in the given shipping timeframe? Then that in my mind deserves positive feedback. You could have gave him a lower star rating on communication, but other than that I think he's justified in being a little pissed.

i'm a little miffed right now myself. bought the glassjaw stars 7" on ebay. got raped on the price ($50) but whatever, this thing is scarce and i wanted it so that part i'm fine with. however, purchase date was 5/18, estimated delivery 5/26-5/27, and just got a message saying that it's allegedly just being shipped out today (5/28). pretty crappy service for the ridiculous profit this person is undoubtedly making off of me.

edit: nevermind, im a douche and remembered i didn't pay right away.

i'm a little miffed right now myself. bought the glassjaw stars 7" on ebay. got raped on the price ($50) but whatever, this thing is scarce and i wanted it so that part i'm fine with. however, purchase date was 5/18, estimated delivery 5/26-5/27, and just got a message saying that it's allegedly just being shipped out today (5/28). pretty crappy service for the ridiculous profit this person is undoubtedly making off of me.

ps - if i bought this from someone who posts here, sorry for bitching but get your shit together dude.

when you sell on ebay you have to put in about how long it will take for you to ship after you get paid. I think default is 3 days, but if you know it's going to take longer you can change it. It would definitely be fair to give him less stars for shipping time though

ps - if i bought this from someone who posts here, sorry for bitching but get your shit together dude.

when you sell on ebay you have to put in about how long it will take for you to ship after you get paid. I think default is 3 days, but if you know it's going to take longer you can change it. It would definitely be fair to give him less stars for shipping time though

ah, i don't have a seller account yet so i didn't know how that worked. in fact now that i think about it, i usually pay right away but i think i may have had to wait a couple of days on this one so it's not all that bad. meh. definitely would not have left poor feedback anyway, aside from less than 5 stars on shipping time maybe. i definitely agree that neutral feedback is a bit harsh for receiving an item as described. if i have an issue i typically try to work things out with the seller before leaving feedback.

It rarely helps though. Last semester when I could only make it to the post office once a week I set my handling time to five days and I still got low detailed seller ratings on shipping time. Kind of annoying, but I've just accepted it now and I have my auctions end two days before I KNOW I can make it to a post office.

It rarely helps though. Last semester when I could only make it to the post office once a week I set my handling time to five days and I still got low detailed seller ratings on shipping time. Kind of annoying, but I've just accepted it now and I have my auctions end two days before I KNOW I can make it to a post office.

i think now they have it so that if you do free shipping and it makes it in the expected window then they automatically give you 5 stars for shipping time and cost

Yeah the dude was a seasoned record reseller and he was using Auctiva to list his auctions and they were sending these 3rd party insurance offers. I gave him negative feedback I told him that was he was doing was against the ebay TOS and that if ebay is going to be his business he probably shouldn't spam people. I was his first negative feedback and he claimed to have been in contact with ebay about my negative feedback and that ebay said that he was allowed to send unsolicited 3rd party offers after the end of an auction. ::)

He also told me ebay would like for me to reverse my negative feedback and sent a request for me to revise it....

Oh also he threw in my face he had been selling on ebay for 8 years ::).. lol like I care I have have been on ebay for 11 years.