FYI - CANADA POST STRIKE

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly what a Canada Post spokeswoman said last week on the radio (will take a couple of weeks for things to get back to normal). I barely got anything since the end of the strike and one of my packages had severe warps in the records. It must have been in the sun for the two weeks it did not move.

i have been slowly but surely receiving packages as well. 1 record arrived cracked in half as 1/2 of the mailer had been bent. signs that the corner of something large and heavy landed right on the record too. fuck you.

another package from creator destructor arrived okay.

the wife said i have a mailer waiting for me at home.

I mailed out a package before the strike for a sale I made on ebay. Today the buyer opened a claim on it to protect himself since he claims he has until thursday to do so. While I understand wanting to protect yourself this totally fucks me. I haven't begun to look into it as I have a DC and international labels all over the damn house but I am really bummed it has come to this, especially since no contact was made to me before opening the claim. I have perfect ebay feedback and have never screwed anyone in any trade or sale. I am hoping that I can email the guy and work things out but losing the money and the video game would seriously suck because Canadas Post office is such a piece of garbage.

I mailed out a package before the strike for a sale I made on ebay. Today the buyer opened a claim on it to protect himself since he claims he has until thursday to do so. While I understand wanting to protect yourself this totally fucks me. I haven't begun to look into it as I have a DC and international labels all over the damn house but I am really bummed it has come to this, especially since no contact was made to me before opening the claim. I have perfect ebay feedback and have never screwed anyone in any trade or sale. I am hoping that I can email the guy and work things out but losing the money and the video game would seriously suck because Canadas Post office is such a piece of garbage.

I can totally understand the buyer. Of course he could have emailed you beforehand but the PayPal process already have a box for messaging you. When he gets the records, he will (should) cancel the case.

I just got a package from the USA from 1 month ago so patience is key.

Waiting on a NOFX - So What 7" on yellow from Italy...it was mailed just before the strike. It was part of a trade, so it's not like if I can open a Paypal claim. Hope it shows up soon! Also waiting on a few more records, but those aren't worth as much and I know that I have some protection in case they don't show up...(I rather get them all though!)

• 2 weeks later...

For those who did not get some orders they made during the strike :

I had two sellers that told me they did not ship my items because I made the order during the strike and that they wanted it to end before they ship. The thing is they both forgot about it so after 5 weeks I asked them what was up and they made the shipment the same day I asked.

Another seller from Japan just told me he shipped another copy right away so the case might be the same.

Contact your sellers if you're in this situation and ask if they did put it aside because of the strike.