FYI - CANADA POST STRIKE

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The good news is at least none of my records will be left out in the rain for the next little while.

THANK YOU!!! I though I was the only one experiencing this. And until last year it wasn't like that, they would normally leave a nice little card thing to pick it up at a certain time. Now they just leave it there...

I talked to a Canada Post worker today and she did not know if there would be strike. They can only know the same day so it may be a warning IN CASE they can't agree.

But that shit sucks! I guess that paying more for shipping than the actual value of an item makes more sense to them. How can they even make any sense that any parcel within Canada is 10$+? They are very well paid people for the kind of work they do. Nobody will feel any sympathy for them. I hope some other company will put the to rest with competitive prices.

The good news is at least none of my records will be left out in the rain for the next little while.

THANK YOU!!! I though I was the only one experiencing this. And until last year it wasn't like that, they would normally leave a nice little card thing to pick it up at a certain time. Now they just leave it there...

They started leaving my stuff right at the front door as well! No more notes. I also have a carport and not a garage. You would think they would at least throw it in there!!

ALSO They started not putting my mail IN the mailbox. Instead they sit it on the newspaper bars!!!! I have a check that got soaked in the rain the other day I now have to go and return to someone in hopes they will send me a new one!!!

Guest deathbydrums

Couldn't help but get in on this thread, as I'm a Canadian and deal with Canada Post regularly.

GRIPE 1 (Anecdotal to piggyback on the last posts - quite possibly not Canada Post's fault.)

One snowy winter day I came home to find $950 worth of records (2 - $450 records+shipping) just sitting out in the open on my porch getting snowed on. TRAVESTY!!! Whenever I order from bleep they seem to just leave it outside. From other record shops I still get the notification slip to pick it up at the post office... or if there is a duty (read: $$$) from customs put on it I will get the pick up slip. I don't exactly know why this is and I'm sure it's not only bleep that this happens with... not trying to bag on them. I actually don't even know if Canada Post has anything to do with packages that were shipped from overseas.

GRIPE 2 ($$$)

Canada Post prices are RIDICULOUS. Usually a basic record will be just under 500 grams. Cost for shipping via air to Europe is about $23 for that. Today I just mailed a package and for some reason it was 515 grams. The price shot up to $35. 15 grams=12 bucks=SUCKS!!! Customers will even argue with you about shipping costs. Good thing Canada Post has an online calculator to show people that they actually DO charge that much to ship!

THE GOOD (?)

On a positive note, EVERY package I've ever sent seems to get where it is supposed to go. I guess to be doubly positive, rates seem to be on par with many shipping rates from Europe... not that that helps anyone's wallet any.

I don't really know if Canada Post has anything to do with the package once it's outside of Canada? Don't know how the mail system works. I'm open to some insight or a harsh schooling about this...

GRIPE 2 ($$$)

Canada Post prices are RIDICULOUS. Usually a basic record will be just under 500 grams. Cost for shipping via air to Europe is about $23 for that. Today I just mailed a package and for some reason it was 515 grams. The price shot up to $35. 15 grams=12 bucks=SUCKS!!! Customers will even argue with you about shipping costs. Good thing Canada Post has an online calculator to show people that they actually DO charge that much to ship!

this is why we have yet to release another LP right now, we had to let a good project go because of our lack of distribution.

thats all solved now.

either way, i dont wanna be in the mail order business anyways just the record / music side. I hope this gets resolved before the Pulley 7" pre-sale.