Mark Kozelek - Live At Union Chapel

I always miss out on the limited things posted directly on his site as well. Is there any sort of mailing list that announces this stuff or do people just check the site every day to see if he's posted something new? I'm always shocked when i find out a couple days late and it's already gone.

I've ordered a lot of stuff from AE and the only issue i ever had was with a PJ Harvey preorder that was never released. That took me about 10+ emails and phone calls to have him just give me my $20 back.

Guest deathbydrums

Managed to pick up the clear, letterpress cover edition from Caldo Verde. There is no mailing list that I know of... just got lucky. Anyone know how many of the clear were pressed?

Also, don't quote me on this but I heard a rumour that a black vinyl edition will be available when the red/green edition of 500 sells out. BUT I have doubts about this and think it may be one person's misinterpretation of info. Kozelek likes his vinyl limited and they're usually pressed at 1000 per release (for compilations or live albums) or 1000 of two colours (e.g., Admiral Fell Promises).

I've only had positive experiences with Aural Exploits. Maple Music (sells City and Colour and other Canadian bands) on the other hand has been dragging their feet on a refund for a month now!

Kozelek is a legend... I don't understand why he isn't even more popular and sell more records. That's just my opinion, of course.

Guest deathbydrums

The clear version's sleeve should provide pressing info:

"This limited edition is hand-numbered with an exclusive jacket, beautifully letter pressed by Licher Art & Design out of Bishop, CA." - Caldo Verde website

Haha, I've never seen instructions on an order page about how to see the color of the vinyl (https://www.auralexploits.com/product09_9106.htm). It makes me curious though, what's the color if you don't hold it up to the light? I got my shipping confirmation, so I guess I'll find out soon.

when you first pull it out, it looks black

i was like wtf! i went right to my computer to go send an email thats when i saw that message about holding it up to the light, then you can see the color in it, very weird

Guest deathbydrums

Caldo's site said, "Regular Edition available soon..." when the clear was sold out. Then the red/green one showed up. This couldn't be a total edition of only 700, could it?

-200 clear letterpressed

-500 red/green

I've heard rumors of a solid black on message boards, but I've not seen any concrete evidence.

Guest deathbydrums
Both of my LP's are on red vinyl.

Solid red and not translucent at all? If so where did you order from? ...or looks red (or black) until you hold it in the light and then you may see red/green? Can't believe the confusion about the colour of this album.

Both of mine are on what appears to be black vinyl until you hold it to the light, then they both appear red. I thought A/B was supposed to be red and C/D was to be green? Not that it matters, I'm happy with the album just noticed the colors yesterday.

Hmmm...both of mine appear green with red streaks.