Support for Sum 41 Pressing

When I was 8, I fucking LOVED Sum 41. All Killer No Filler was my jam. I actually think it was one of the first CDs I ever owned. I associate a lot of nostalgia with them, and for mainly that reason, I still really love that record. That being said, they are a bunch of little pukes from fuckin Ajax, ON (population 0) and they are a pop band. When I was 8 I thought this was punk. By the time I was 10, I knew better. They are on the same scale as Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, and yes, even Blink 182. None of those bands are legendary. They just play kiddie music, but there is nothing wrong with that. I find it laughable at all the Blink fanboys on this website that think they are so much better/heavier/different that Sum 41.

hear, hear!

seconded.

guys, go listen to some Screeching Weasel and The Riverdales already!

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

isn't sum41 that really ugly band that used to be on mtv all the time with the pop punk songs with random metal bridges that didn't fit in?

and guys... pop isn't a genre. it means popular. pop punk = popular punk. once a punk band "sells out" and gets on mtv and has girls calling 1-800 numbers to see 45 seconds of their video on mtv, they are now a pop-punk band. whether their music sounds different or not.

isn't sum41 that really ugly band that used to be on mtv all the time with the pop punk songs with random metal bridges that didn't fit in?

and guys... pop isn't a genre. it means popular. pop punk = popular punk. once a punk band "sells out" and gets on mtv and has girls calling 1-800 numbers to see 45 seconds of their video on mtv, they are now a pop-punk band. whether their music sounds different or not.

Really? so you're saying Broadway calls, The wonder years, Handguns etc. etc. are all "sell outs" because they are all pop-punk bands? hmm

wrong

When I was 8, I fucking LOVED Sum 41. All Killer No Filler was my jam. I actually think it was one of the first CDs I ever owned. I associate a lot of nostalgia with them, and for mainly that reason, I still really love that record. That being said, they are a bunch of little pukes from fuckin Ajax, ON (population 0) and they are a pop band. When I was 8 I thought this was punk. By the time I was 10, I knew better. They are on the same scale as Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, and yes, even Blink 182. None of those bands are legendary. They just play kiddie music, but there is nothing wrong with that. I find it laughable at all the Blink fanboys on this website that think they are so much better/heavier/different that Sum 41.

wow, you're so cool, I would love to hear what you're listening to these days. kiddie music? have you ever listened to anything blink before Enema? yes, like in any music scene there are bad bands and good bands, simple plan, good charlotte etc were the ones giving pop-punk a bad name in the early 2000s.

wrong

i'm just fuckin with ya

wow, you're so cool, I would love to hear what you're listening to these days. kiddie music? have you ever listened to anything blink before Enema? yes, like in any music scene there are bad bands and good bands, simple plan, good charlotte etc were the ones giving pop-punk a bad name in the early 2000s.

most disagree with her on this board, but it was a solid post. most of those bands are kiddie music nowadays to the mtv punk generation.

most disagree with her on this board, but it was a solid post. most of those bands are kiddie music nowadays to the mtv punk generation.

Troof.

Herro, 69 are you still alive or did you burst a blood vessel?

You say you're right, so riddle me this. Those 3 sites you copy/pasted from. All made mention of the word pop. Yet by you're own words this shitty band us 50% metal. If you're right, why didn't any of them make even a slight mention of metal?

Does this make you wrong? Or does it still make me a dumbass?

I said half their songs have metal riffs, not that the band is 50% metal. That was obviously an exaggeration, however a lot of songs on their 1st, 3rd, 4th and 6th albums have an obvious metal influence. Have you listened to "The Bitter End"? Yeah that's definitely a pop song, moron.

If you read up about them they will list that they're greatly influenced by the metal genre but they don't just write metal music, they use the influence to give a different spin on pop punk and rock music that they write. Hell they even play Metallica covers at their shows.

Herro, 69 are you still alive or did you burst a blood vessel?

You say you're right, so riddle me this. Those 3 sites you copy/pasted from. All made mention of the word pop. Yet by you're own words this shitty band us 50% metal. If you're right, why didn't any of them make even a slight mention of metal?

Does this make you wrong? Or does it still make me a dumbass?

I said half their songs have metal riffs, not that the band is 50% metal. That was obviously an exaggeration, however a lot of songs on their 1st, 3rd, 4th and 6th albums have an obvious metal influence. Have you listened to "The Bitter End"? Yeah that's definitely a pop song, moron.

If you read up about them they will list that they're greatly influenced by the metal genre but they don't just write metal music, they use the influence to give a different spin on pop punk and rock music that they write. Hell they even play Metallica covers at their shows.

Because they do a metal cover doesn't mean shit. Your Heros ex-wife did a cover of chop suey, Madonna played a slayer song, celene dion covered acdc.

Know that you're an over enthusiastic fanboy, and move on. Your opinion is biased because of your irrational love for such a shit band.