I Would Like Finch: Say Hello To Sunshine On Vinyl

I emailed someone about Drive Thru's catalog in general. Ill see what they say, if they arent any help then Ill hit up Ross. Im working on some other stuff with him right now anyways.

I dont license records to press, I dont actually do any of the pressing. I only buy finished product and make deals with labels for them to press something as a HT exclusive and give input on how Id like the album to be done as far as colors of vinyl and what not. If Drive Thru doesnt want to press these then there isnt much I can do. Also "big" labels usually have a minimum they will press for a specific title and its generally more than Id want to buy on a title like this one.

i didn like SHTS the first 2 times i listened to it. But since I love what t is to burn so much i kinda forced myself to like it. but i ended up loving it after a few more listens. it wasnt really my style back then, i was all into taking back sunday, the used, and thursday. i think SHTS opened the door for me to like harder sounding music like glassjaw. its definitely worth giving another shot travis. play it in your car with the volume all the way up. thats how i try out new albums. you can really hear everything like that. i hate people who listen to new usic quie and then say they sucked. its just not the same. go to a concert, you end up liking certain songs more than you did before, i think cause you heard it really loud. haha.

I still get stoked when I hear that sick foreshadowing they do of the intro to Ink during the bridge of Brother Bleed Brother (at like the 2:20 mark).

I love you for loving that part.

And for that matter, who could deny that pure ecstasy of the outro for "Insomniatic Meat"? This album had me at "This is the worst thing that you have ever done" (x8)!

I really just want a 7" single of Worms of the Earth or whatever that song is.

This. This. This. This. This. This.

Actually if they could manage to tack it on to the end of a SHTS press, I would pretty much lose my mind.

Every once in a while I pop in Finch stuff and I always think the same thing: man, Nate has no range in his singing. That's kind of how I view the whole band. Even when they're trying to be edgier and darker like on this album, it still sounds amateurish to me or something.

How do you mean? He definitely has dynamic range. And I'm not sure a vocalist in this line of work needs much more tonal range. Its not like its King Diamond or something.

I emailed someone about Drive Thru's catalog in general. Ill see what they say, if they arent any help then Ill hit up Ross. Im working on some other stuff with him right now anyways.

If I'm not mistaken Say Hello to Sunshine is a Geffen release. I'm all for a WiitB repress, since the drive thru one is so bad.... but Sunshine is the superior album. It's severely peak limited on the CD.... such a shame. It's an album that actually needs that range.

Please everyone don't overlook Sunshine's greatness. It is a little too Mike Patton for most... but .... hey market it to Mike Patton fans too!

(yes i love Mike Patton, duh)

Please everyone don't overlook Sunshine's greatness. It is a little too Mike Patton for most... but .... hey market it to Mike Patton fans too!

(yes i love Mike Patton, duh)

I'm with ALL that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...