I'm bored.. any record picture requests??

adambomb

Speaking of record pictures.. How do you guys manage to take pictures of your records.

Do you place them against a white sheet?

Flash vs no Flash (I prefer no flash)

Shutter speed/Apature (For those really nerdy :-))

I only ask because every time I take a picture of one of my records, they constantly come out crappy, and I would love to have a picture library of my collection.

Speaking of record pictures.. How do you guys manage to take pictures of your records.

I only ask because every time I take a picture of one of my records, they constantly come out crappy, and I would love to have a picture library of my collection.

i take them on my table, which is right by my living room window, it's where i've found the best natural light in the room is. and i just use my digital camera on auto, sometimes a little flash helps it out, sometimes it doesn't. and i just take a bunch from different angles to try and catch different light until i get one i like. i'm not that scientific about it. in theory doing it on a white sheet or a light carpet or something like that seems like a better idea, but i just started with my table, so i'll probably just keep going with the table.

For the pics that I have taken it's hit or miss...If you use a simple digital camera, then try it out with flash and without...see how it comes out and go from there. In my experience, reds, blues, and greens are the ones that can sometimes changes in shades when making use of flash...or not...

I've been photoing some of my records for the vinyl wiki at http://burntwolf.com and I've just been using my bedroom floor. I've found that no flash seems to take the better picture, though flash/no flash looks equally shitty when snapping my City Mouse/Lucero 7" on brown, either way looks black. I'm by no means a professional at photography, so I usually have to take a few tries before I get a clear picture with my Coolpix L1 camera. Shutter speeds and whathaveyou I don't mess around with.

could you post your new mexican disaster squad stuff? mostly just the don't believe tour press

I've got my batteries charging for my camera right now. the difference between the tour and normal press is the color of the ink used to screen the covers. the tour version has red ink instead of orange and a greyish blue as opposed to turquois. the bottom of the back cover has hand written " Euro tour 2006 #64/85

also, i tend to take photos of my records late at night when i'm bored (and i usually pick them up from the post office after dark) so i usually have a flash on mine. i just prop them up against my laptop screen, bathroom door, dresser, whatever. i'll check my camera specs when i get home and let you know that part of it.

adambom's collection always make me envy....

you are the great one collector who i ever know,bro.

thanks dude.. its a labor of love. 10 plus years of buying, selling, trading, buying again, trading again. More so than the collection, I value some of the great friendships that have come from record collecting.