South Park Season 13 Thread (aka season 12 thread)

mclz

every episode now is the exact same. there's some giant conspiracy that somehow ties into matt and trey's right wing beliefs and the boys have to stop it. tie in the celeb of the week they're mocking and slap it out there. the family guy war was idiotic, imagination land was dumber the Blue Harvest, and i'd rather watch drawn together anyday over SP now.

Right wing beliefs? Really? I don't see that at all.

yeah i see more anti-right wing rather than pro-right wing

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Park_Republican

While South Park co-creator Matt Stone is a registered Republican,[citation needed] co-creator Trey Parker is actually a registered member of the Libertarian Party.[citation needed] As the show's co-creator, Matt Stone, sums it up: "I hate conservatives, but I really fucking hate liberals."[2]

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7658026/

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/opinion/columnists/steigerwald/s_340701.html

Dude, if you read that wiki entry you will see that they are not trying to push any right wing ideas. They consider themselves to be in the "middle ground"

Both Parker and Stone have claimed that the "South Park Republican" tag was a "dumb notion."[4] However, when Parker was asked to elaborate on what the term means to him, he claimed that he is getting "sick" of the fact that one must "either like Michael Moore or... wanna fuckin' go overseas and shoot Iraqis." He goes on to stress the lack of a "middle ground," where they consider themselves, and mentions that "if you think Michael Moore's full of shit, then you are a super-Christian right-wing whatever."

"We find just as many things to rip on the left as we do on the right," Parker claimed. "People on the far left and the far right are the same exact person to us." In summary, Parker states, "George Bush doesn't know what's going on. Michael Moore does not know what's going on. And Alec Baldwin definitely does not know what's going on."

I've loved the last couple of new seasons of South Park...to me the show is making a comeback. I finally saw the season 12 premier last night, though, and I hated it. Aside from the Jimmy Buffet scenes, I didn't laugh once. Although, AIDS jokes don't really do it for me. I soured a lot on Family Guy when they started dropping AIDS jokes more frequently. There's something about that disease that I just can't find funny.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Park_Republican

While South Park co-creator Matt Stone is a registered Republican,[citation needed] co-creator Trey Parker is actually a registered member of the Libertarian Party.[citation needed] As the show's co-creator, Matt Stone, sums it up: "I hate conservatives, but I really fucking hate liberals."[2]

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7658026/

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/opinion/columnists/steigerwald/s_340701.html

First off, wikipedia is not a credible source, i.e. "citation needed"

Second, the two other articles you linked were about some guy's book, and in his opinion South Park has conservative views.

Last, being a Libertarian doesn't mean you're right-wing.

I've loved the last couple of new seasons of South Park...to me the show is making a comeback. I finally saw the season 12 premier last night, though, and I hated it. Aside from the Jimmy Buffet scenes, I didn't laugh once. Although, AIDS jokes don't really do it for me. I soured a lot on Family Guy when they started dropping AIDS jokes more frequently. There's something about that disease that I just can't find funny.

Yeah, I know it was fake but I seriously couldn't laugh at all when Cartman infected Kyle with AIDs. The situation angered me (not the actual show, just imagining such a situation occurring) and I couldn't laugh. This episode had a couple funny parts but overall I thought it fell flat.

My favorite part was when Cartman said he had AIDs and the dude at the airlines replied, "Wow... that's really... retro."

Yeah, I know it was fake but I seriously couldn't laugh at all when Cartman infected Kyle with AIDs. The situation angered me (not the actual show, just imagining such a situation occurring) and I couldn't laugh. This episode had a couple funny parts but overall I thought it fell flat.

My favorite part was when Cartman said he had AIDs and the dude at the airlines replied, "Wow... that's really... retro."

Yeah, during that part when Cartman infected Kyle my wife and I just kind of looked at each other in disgust.

i liked when that guy came out of his suv in like nigeria or something and said "they found a cure for aids, all you need is a $180,000 dollars."

despite that some of you don't like this show and are saying other shows are funnier. south park is one of the only shows that has gotten progressively better or stayed just as good and has been on for such a long time. matt stone and trey parker are definitely gonna be very influential in comedic related things in the future.

I agree with everyone who has said that the older South Park's are better. Now a days it seems like they just pick a topic they feel strongly about, toss in some offensive jokes and bash a celebrity or two. And I feel that the show has gotten progressively more ridiculous, yet not at the same time.

The older episodes had aliens, and Meccha Streisand and the Trapper Keeper, which are all blatantly ridiculous, which is why I found it so amusing. Toss in some jokes on how Cartman hates Kyle and have Stan throw up on Wendy and you had a good show. But now they have this bullshit political agenda in all episodes while now instead of hainvg Rosie O'Donnell being confused for the "nicest trapper keeper I've ever seen", you have Tom Cruise being "stuck in the closet." It's nowhere near as good as it once was, in fact almost all episodes past about season 8 are close to unwatchable.

I think they've just refined the show to be a blatant social commentary, whether you like that or not. I don't see them really pushing an agenda at all, I see them simply pointing out the flaws or ridiculousness to anything that pops into the news.

Granted, I may be obsolete in my view because I fell about 3 or 4 seasons behind because I don't watch TV as much anymore.