PO: The Dangerous Summer :: War Paint

- just got mine in and i can confirm how bad it sounds. note that this is coming from, not an audiophile, but a regular guy. straight out of the shrink wrap, it literally sounds like a dusty thrift store pickup. every time there is a lull in the track, you can hear pops consistently.

- I just cleaned it with my DiscWasher and it didn't change anything. Dang! Great freaking album, too.

- literally does not sound anywhere near CD or download quality.

EDIT: I just emailed hopeless. you should do the same if you're having sound issues. numbers will help! information[at]hopelessrecords[dot]com

Just got mine from Merchnow and boy, it's rediculous how warped this bitch is!! Never seen anything like it. The slip cover itself was bent beyond belief too.

What is up with Hopeless records? My first Dangerous Summer record was warped, I just got The Wonder Years, and it was warped, now this! Can they not press a flippin record!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
did anyone try to send it back or get a refund? a buddy of mine got it and it sounds like shit. should he try to get it refunded or is it a wast of time?

nothing is a "wast" of time. except maybe doing a little legwork instead of bumping two month old threads.

also the way you worded that phrase, you said doing the legwork is a waste of time.... i agree. thanks.