RIP Ryan Dunn

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's subjective isn't it? If I don't appreciate someone making light of or disrespecting the fact that a person will never be able to do anything ever again, then I don't appreciate it. That's not "too tight of a bunch," that's something that offends and goes against a lot of the things I think about life in general. The way I think about things, I'm not blowing anything out of proportion, you may disagree, but you're not what matters when it comes to my opinions and feelings on the matter.

You might be being chastised because you actually said "you don't feel bad" on the first page, which is making light of, and being disrespectful. You did do the things I said I disagree with in my previous post.

Her saying that she doesn't feel bad isn't making light of incident or being disrespectful (although I'd suggest there's nothing to be respectful of). He wasn't hit by a drunk driver, he died and killed another human being by driving like a jerk.

The man lived an outrageous life and died an outrageous death. Actions have consequences. How can you feel bad for that?

"This has been strongly denied by his friends and bar staff, with one onlooker telling our US Team that Dunn "wasn't too drunk to drive."

An employee of the establishment where Dunn was drinking also added that Ryan: “didn’t seem intoxicated. He was himself. He seemed like he was having a good time, hanging out with his friends.”

I could be wrong but I think there are legal precedents that could make the bar liable for letting him drive away, so this could just be some CYA.

That's subjective isn't it? If I don't appreciate someone making light of or disrespecting the fact that a person will never be able to do anything ever again, then I don't appreciate it. That's not "too tight of a bunch," that's something that offends and goes against a lot of the things I think about life in general. The way I think about things, I'm not blowing anything out of proportion, you may disagree, but you're not what matters when it comes to my opinions and feelings on the matter.

I'm not making light of anyone's death...I'm making light of the complete level of idiocy this thread has reach with some people's comments and "shit-talking" because they have nothing better to say or instead of formulating an intelligent retort, they have resorted to calling people "bitches" and other crap.

Fine and dandy that you want to have a spirited and hopefully intelligent discussion about the subject at hand...I have no problem with that and not making fun of that. Honestly don't give a rat's ass if you do want to have a decent discussion about it...by all means do it. But when you (not you...general "you") backslide to insults and meaningless comebacks, then you will be made fun of and called out.

Not that any of that makes any sense...cuz it doesn't to me after reading it...oh well...

Carry on...

You might be being chastised because you actually said "you don't feel bad" on the first page, which is making light of, and being disrespectful. You did do the things I said I disagree with in my previous post.

Her saying that she doesn't feel bad isn't making light of incident or being disrespectful (although I'd suggest there's nothing to be respectful of). He wasn't hit by a drunk driver, he died and killed another human being by driving like a jerk.

The man lived an outrageous life and died an outrageous death. Actions have consequences. How can you feel bad for that?

Saying you don't feel bad for someone's death is disrespectful, in my opinion, however you spin it. You're welcome to disagree but those are my thoughts and I disagree with what she said.
how have i 'prov[ed] myself unwilling to actually have a discussion'?
You aren't willing to take time to actually word a response with any level of thought and instead post pictures of dogs. There's little, if any thought put into that and I'm not going to waste time responding to something like that.

Saying you don't feel bad for someone's death is disrespectful, in my opinion, however you spin it. You're welcome to disagree but those are my thoughts and I disagree with what she said.

Disrespectful to what? His life? If he didn't respect it, why the heck should anyone else?

how have i 'prov[ed] myself unwilling to actually have a discussion'?
You aren't willing to take time to actually word a response with any level of thought and instead post pictures of dogs. There's little, if any thought put into that and I'm not going to waste time responding to something like that.

forgive me, person who is apparently above responding to photos. maybe you missed my 3 or 4 previous responses to you that all consisted of multiple sentences.

i was going to actually type out that princess bride quote, but then thought it would be more amusing to post the photo instead.

so, here it is, typed out by my own fingers:

you keep using that word.* i do not think it means what you think it means.

* what word? disrespectful

Say a child molester dies in prison, is it disrespectful to not feel badly?

I said earlier, I believe anyway(if not I intended to), that there is "little exception" and something like that is one of the exceptions I was referring to.

Reports are saying the man had three beers and three shots, and was at the bar for a few hours, and did most of his drinking at the beginning. With someone as high an alcohol tolerance as I assume he has, I don't think it was as bad as it sounds(not to defend drunk driving at all, please don't misunderstand). I know I only started drinking in February and I barely feel three beers, and I'm smaller than Ryan Dunn. I think it more had to do with speed rather than alcohol. In my opinion, it was a mistake that lead to his death rather than outright stupidity or insistence to drive under the influence of too much alcohol.

Also, nice avatar. Can't wait for November.

And oh yeah...here's something to chew on...

Would this thread have gone a different direction or level of discussion if the person who died and (may or may not have been) drinking & driving had been a regular joe-schmo and not some celebrity?

Discuss...

I would've thought the same thing I do now. That's my opinion though.

And oh yeah...here's something to chew on...

Would this thread have gone a different direction or level of discussion if the person who died and (may or may not have been) drinking & driving had been a regular joe-schmo and not some celebrity?

Discuss...

Related: Would your opinion on the Allison/Pibbals argument be any different if their opinions were switched?