RIP Ryan Dunn

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus Fucking Fuck!

Who the hell cares about celebrities anyway?

A thirteen year-old girl was raped, beaten and hanged in India the other day. Where was the VC Obituary Department?

A sixty nine year-old man was murdered by police in a botched drug raid in Virginia. VC Obituary Department, where are you?

Five rainforest activists in Brazil have been assassinated in the past month, but since they weren't on MTV I guess they don't get VC obituaries.

Truth. People getting it really twisted over a pseudo celebrity who made his living doing dumb stunts. Wheres the TMZ coverage of bombing in Libya, or the never ending wars in Central Africa? Its really not that serious people its Ryan Dunn. Most of America will say who?

TMZ covers celebrity gossip. It's a good escape from the bullshit.

I'm bombarded with bad news from around the globe all day (I've worked in news organizations for my entire professional career), it's nice to take a break and read about what some stupid girl from Teen Mom did recently.

If people can't share their opinions than we should shut down the internet and make it read-only for research purposes.

It's not an issue of not being able to voice an opinion; it's knowing when it's appropriate to share such opinions. There is a time and a place for everything, and spouting off on Twitter (as Roger Ebert did) or on a heavily trafficked message board (as Allison did) about how the guy screwed up and they don't feel sorry for him is just asking for a huge pile of shit to come down on them.

That said, do I feel sorry that Ryan Dunn died? Not exactly; I can't say I feel sorry for most people who die simply because I don't really know them so it feels strange for me to associate that emotion with the death of what is essentially a stranger. But it's different for every person—I know that when I heard Joe Strummer passed, I was legitimately sad and I felt like I had lost a part of me, and I was surprised at how it affected me. So if that's how someone on here feels because of Ryan Dunn's passing, then I hope they can find solace in knowing that there's a whole lot of people who feel the same way out there, just not Allison.

Although I disagree with the first paragraph(I think the internet should be used to air all opinions, but celebrities understandably have difficulty when they voice an unpopular opinion) the second half does come across very interesting to me.

Truth. People getting it really twisted over a pseudo celebrity who made his living doing dumb stunts. Wheres the TMZ coverage of bombing in Libya, or the never ending wars in Central Africa? Its really not that serious people its Ryan Dunn. Most of America will say who?

TMZ covers celebrity gossip. It's a good escape from the bullshit.

I'm bombarded with bad news from around the globe all day (I've worked in news organizations for my entire professional career), it's nice to take a break and read about what some stupid girl from Teen Mom did recently.

that's why i never watch the news or read anything any more.. i know shits going on, but i chose to ignore it (but sometimes i can't and play catch up) because well, it's just saddening. i have to counter it with comedic tv shows. if not i'd kill my self from depression.

Guest errolwest

hey guys, errol here. just stopping in to tell you, you're all wrong.

the answer is 37.

now lets let this thread die, and move on with our lives.

So I've been lagging on the board lately and just got around to reading all 9 pages of this thread.

My question for those arguing with Alison and Martin is this: What the fuck do you care? Did you know Dunn personally? Are you friends with his family? If not, there is absolutely no reason to get this worked up over his death. Does it suck that somebody died somewhere? Sure. But so what. It happens all day every day all over the world.

His family and friends will cope and move on. It should be much easier for you since you didn't have any association with the guy.

It may not be important to you, but the issue was clearly important enough for me to say something. The value you put on this person, their life and their death has no bearing on the value I put in it. I don't need to explain why it's important to me, as it has no bearing on the conversation at hand.

It may not be important to you, but the issue was clearly important enough for me to say something. The value you put on this person, their life and their death has no bearing on the value I put in it. I don't need to explain why it's important to me, as it has no bearing on the conversation at hand.

it was so important you sat down in a chair and pushed some buttons.

no need to defend yourself about using the internet, homes.

it's just time killinz.

i stated my opinion because i was bored.

not because it was important to me.