Question - Disc Hole Too Small For Spindle

I've had a few 7"s that would fit snuggly on the spindle of my turntable, but I received an LP yesterday that will not fit at all.

Is there any safe and effective way to enlarge the hole without damaging the sticker to much and that will not look like crap? Thought about shaving with a razor but I'm nervous I'll off-center the disc. :-[

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

It is usually a minor amount that needs to be removed to fit. I have taken a pair of scissors and put them into the center hole, then twisted them carefully. Put on spindle. Repeat until it fits. Usually it is one time and then done. This issue is different from plant to plant. Some plants have a small amount of "flack" which is like a thin film of extra vinyl that gums up the hole... but the hole itself is fine. Remove the flack and you are set. There is a plant, I forget which one, that just has a center hole that is a little too snug on the spindle. When you look at the record the hole is perfectly made, just too small.

It is usually a minor amount that needs to be removed to fit. I have taken a pair of scissors and put them into the center hole, then twisted them carefully. Put on spindle. Repeat until it fits. Usually it is one time and then done. This issue is different from plant to plant. Some plants have a small amount of "flack" which is like a thin film of extra vinyl that gums up the hole... but the hole itself is fine. Remove the flack and you are set. There is a plant, I forget which one, that just has a center hole that is a little too snug on the spindle. When you look at the record the hole is perfectly made, just too small.

You my friend, are a genius!

Worked flawlessly first try!

Thanks!

am i the only one that originally read "dick hole too small"?

i really hope not.

but if so, this guy's in the same boat:

I wish there was a way to ignore this guy. Everything he say's fucking annoys me. SHUT THE FUCK UP.

not to mention i'm slightly addicted to this place.

theres gotta be a way to make it so certain users don't show up in threads.

fuck with your account options or somthin'.

am i the only one that originally read "dick hole too small"?

i really hope not.

but if so, this guy's in the same boat:

I wish there was a way to ignore this guy. Everything he say's fucking annoys me. SHUT THE FUCK UP.

(Apparently someone shares the narrow urethra trait with Hank and is a bit touchy about it)

There is a way to ignore him. Just stop logging in to the message board and you won't have to worry your pretty little head about it anymore.

Problem solved.

oddly enough the three times i had to do this they were No Idea releases :o. HWM Caution, SBB - Dead Reckoning, and Dillinger Four - This Shit Is Genius. but like i said before it was an easy fix so no problems here!