Ben Folds Five S/T repress?

ben talked about it while he was figuring out the details of the vinyl pressing of lonely avenue. apparently represses of all the records are coming, we weren't really sure if the five records were being pressed, but now we know!

supposedly all remastered or something like that.

I found out about this re-issue a few days ago and started researching. I came across this blog post - http://www.omgvinyl.com/2009/01/28/plain-records-reissues-every-90s-album-ever/ - and starting reading the comments section. I must admit, I got scared off and decided not to pre-order this. With all the negativity regarding Plain Recordings past quality issues, I thought I would wait it out and see what others thought of the repress. So, when you guys get this, I'd really appreciate some feedback on the sound quality. If all seems good, I'm definitely buying!

BTW, it's only $15.74 over at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051AK8SS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

also, the tweets that ben made about these reissues said this

Yes, re-releasing all back catalogue with proper vinyl included part of master plan - part of why I'm getting vinyl routine together

and

Already begun working with Legacy Records on re-releases and will be doing vinyl using what we're learning, mastering quieter when necessary

• 1 month later...

This arrived at the record store I work at yesterday...big sticker on the front shows its 180g too! I contacted insound and they responded today saying they also just received these yesterday and are shipping them out today, I would think Amazon is doing the same. Also, I checked the database we use at work for any up and ups on Whatever and Ever Amen, but nothing is marked in there as there being a release on it(yet?!).

This arrived at the record store I work at yesterday...big sticker on the front shows its 180g too! I contacted insound and they responded today saying they also just received these yesterday and are shipping them out today, I would think Amazon is doing the same. Also, I checked the database we use at work for any up and ups on Whatever and Ever Amen, but nothing is marked in there as there being a release on it(yet?!).

just curious why you ordered this from insound if you work at a record store?

• 3 weeks later...
Spun it last night

No quality issues that are present on other Plain recordings such as Sparklehorse and Pulp reissues

This is some great news. I'm even more excited for Whatever and Ever Amen now.

As for news on the pressing of said album, I haven't heard shit. So maybe I'm excited for nothing.

still haven't heard/seen anything on a WE&EA repress. the self titled turned out reeeeealllly good I think. The 180g is really nice. I finally took the plunge and just bought an og copy of WE&EA, but if they repress that to 180g as well, I would be more interested in that methinks.

• 7 months later...