THE FEST excitement thread

I've checked the flights into gainsville and they are basically worth 2 times as much.. If i found a trip to Jacksonville could i get a ride with someone... Now i just need to know exactly what hotel will be hosting and then i can book it then..

From what I understand, the Holiday Inn on University will be the official Fest hotel -- like, the entire hotel. It's all on reserve. But the only way to get a room is to book through the Fest's website, which won't be possible for another few months.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've checked the flights into gainsville and they are basically worth 2 times as much.. If i found a trip to Jacksonville could i get a ride with someone... Now i just need to know exactly what hotel will be hosting and then i can book it then..

From what I understand, the Holiday Inn on University will be the official Fest hotel -- like, the entire hotel. It's all on reserve. But the only way to get a room is to book through the Fest's website, which won't be possible for another few months.

awesome..then i can knock two things off my list at the same time... ...that wil make things easier on me then...

now just to find a ride from jacksonville to gainesville and i'm all set.

• 1 month later...
Guest genericinsight

Does anyone know where to get a Fest application for bands that want to play this year? My friend who's also a VC user is interested for his band.

Does anyone know where to get a Fest application for bands that want to play this year? My friend who's also a VC user is interested for his band.

eventually closer to the date, the fest site will have them available

btw.... how sick would a jawbreaker reunion be at the fest thing year?

Guest genericinsight

I wonder when all the info will finally go up for it. Last year, the Fest 6 message board went up in April and I think the info/tickets/registration/band list started in July.

that would make this year better than any other year i've had, well except in 94' when i saw them on the bivouac tour... or was it 93'?

• 1 month later...

OK well i talked to my parents about using the flight credit that we have and are probably gonna never use, and they said we'd talk about it. if i can convince my parents that my buddy and i have a legit plan, then i might be able to make it out. hopefully we can get into the official hotel.. sounds like a blast. but i have a long way to go before i can actually say i'm going. i'm still wondering who the hell is playing and when it is...