Mastodon - Leviathan Fourth Pressing

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was moderately peeved that I lost by 1 dollar. What I was mad about was that you came into my want thread to gloat about how you outbid me. That was dickheaded.

If gloating over the results of an ebay auction gets you pissed..... just wow. Time to reevaluate.

But anyway I wanted to ask you guys with opinions on the different 'Leviathan' issues, what is the best one as far as quality? (If there is one)

But anyway I wanted to ask you guys with opinions on the different 'Leviathan' issues, what is the best one as far as quality? (If there is one)

Even the first press on black 180g. vinyl sounded way too crammed on both sides. The cd sounds way better.

They should have used the plates from the 2xlp box set version instead for future 'Leviathan' pressings.

I have the third press on clear green and it's pretty quiet (probably because it's 45 minutes long). Don't understand why the tracklisting needs to be different from the CD, and don't understand why it's so expensive. $22 for a single standard-weight LP, 11"x11" insert, and gatefold jacket. The jacket is really nice looking, so if that helps you justify paying $25 on an album, go for it.

Still pissy because I outbid you? The pathetic part is you were yelling at me before because I bought more than one color variant and now your accusing me of buying to flip? Im not even going to go into the fact that no where in that post does it even entail that I am buying them to flip.. just saying this is going to be the cheapest way to get ahold of this album.

Nope, not pissy about that. Was moderately peeved that I lost by 1 dollar. What I was mad about was that you came into my want thread to gloat about how you outbid me. That was dickheaded. The fact that you had already owned the album as well pissed me off. I legitimately wanted to listen to the album, not just look at it and jack my dick to all the marbled goodness of it.

If you want to listen to it, use the internet. Virtually no album if unavailable to listen to...

Nope, not pissy about that. Was moderately peeved that I lost by 1 dollar. What I was mad about was that you came into my want thread to gloat about how you outbid me. That was dickheaded. The fact that you had already owned the album as well pissed me off. I legitimately wanted to listen to the album, not just look at it and jack my dick to all the marbled goodness of it.

If you want to listen to it, use the internet. Virtually no album if unavailable to listen to...

Trust me, I have listened to it, several times. I just wanted a physical copy of the album. I'm pretty sure that's the reason we all joined this forum. And don't tell me to buy the CD. This isn't CD Collective

[image]

• 3 weeks later...
Purple Marble Opaque. Anyone have this yet? I really don't understand the color choice.

Purple Marble Opaque really sucks.

I recently received the High On Fire – Death Is This Communion 2LP and it's on "purple opaque" vinyl. This looks exactly like this http://cgi.ebay.com/MASTODON-Leviathan-L....item45f bbab63a

I thought I will get solid black wax (there was no color mentioned in the items description).

They should press Leviathan on suitable colours like white, blue or white/blue swirl or splatter.

I was at the Reckless Records location at Broadway here in chicago two nights ago. They have a first pressing of Leviathan for $100.

I was happy with my bargain bin 7" purchases of two Hope of the States singles, the Tumor Circus picture disc with the hole drilled into it, and the new press of Senor and the Queen. For less than $10.\