Rudiments/Suicide Machines - Skank for Brains PO !

I sure wish this would come with a download code. haha.

I know I could have just answered a question directly regarding the common practice of inserting download codes into album releases, but instead I decided to be yet another petty internet smartass and direct you toward sites of questionable validity to illegally download what you're looking for!

Oh, thanks! God forbid I prefer to actually obtain this kind of shit from "official" sources, when available.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I could have just answered a question directly regarding the common practice of inserting download codes into album releases, but instead I decided to be yet another petty internet smartass and direct you toward sites of questionable validity to illegally download what you're looking for!

Oh, thanks! God forbid I prefer to actually obtain this kind of shit from "official" sources, when available.

I think you took that too seriously, if you want the mp3's email me and I'll zip the song files and email them to you. That goes for pretty much any of my releases. If I can get you the mp3s I will send em to you. the only ones I really can't are the Ska is Dead 7"s and the Black Cross LP, the SID series has too much red tape due to all the other labels involved and Black Cross self-released Severance Pays on Auxiliary Records. The Methadones albums all had other labels involved in one way or another, but now that they're broken up I don't think anyone will care.

I just hadn't gotten around to making DL cards for this, but I'll probably throw them in future copies, I didn't want to delay getting my orders out any longer.

C'mon, he has a point -- it's a totally reasonable expectation that people who pre-order should receive their product before someone who didn't pre-order. I'm still sitting here waiting for my copy, too.

well to be perfectly fair HT placed their order... Wayyy before everyone else ;)

yours went out a couple days ago scott, you should see if shortly.. i just have a couple more to go out on tuesday and everything will be sent.

completely agree with Scott. With all the bitching I've been doing about MTS not meeting it's deadlines with 2 month pre-orders I don't want to be bias. The release date for this was 2 weeks ago and they're still not all shipped, but if I hadn't pre-ordered one I could just drive down to HT and get one....

No, 2 weeks is not a big deal, but how long did the ska is dead series take?

Besides the whole co-op thing, this has probably been my worst vinyl purchasing experience ever. Won't ever buy anything from you two bitchy fucks again.

I don't think either of us have been bitchy...but that's cool, do what you gotta do. All of these were shipped to Flood in Connecticut, so I had to get my copies from him....also do you all realize we have day jobs?

completely agree with Scott. With all the bitching I've been doing about MTS not meeting it's deadlines with 2 month pre-orders I don't want to be bias. The release date for this was 2 weeks ago and they're still not all shipped, but if I hadn't pre-ordered one I could just drive down to HT and get one....

No, 2 weeks is not a big deal, but how long did the ska is dead series take?

It's not a big deal in comparison to MTS or P+P who sell waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more records than Flood and I do and then take 4-6 months to mail you the record...this is why I don't like to sell records before they're in hand.

And as for the ska is dead thing, that was a pain in the ass on several levels...and completely out of our control. Some releases are cursed and continually have problems, ask any label and they have a few horror stories.

But also you gotta realize Flood and I do this after work, in spare time, assembling thousands of records takes time.

Besides the whole co-op thing, this has probably been my worst vinyl purchasing experience ever. Won't ever buy anything from you two bitchy fucks again.

I don't think either of us have been bitchy...but that's cool, do what you gotta do. All of these were shipped to Flood in Connecticut, so I had to get my copies from him....also do you all realize we have day jobs?

If you're going to run a business, run it the way you prefer to be treated when you buy something. You both have a 'the customers will just have to deal with it' attitude, which is pretty fucked.

King of Bitch Mountain saying I have sand in my vagina for stating that HT got their records before the folks who pre-ordered them was uncalled for. HT may have placed their order waaaaay before we did, but they also had the opportunity waaaaay before we did.

If you can't send out records by the actual release date, then I suggest you look up those things called employees. They like help you do the work that you don't have time for and stuff. Wacky concept I know. I'm sure you both will find time to count your money.

Here's more information on the matter: http://tinyurl.com/cfbuzp

If you're going to run a business, run it the way you prefer to be treated when you buy something. You both have a 'the customers will just have to deal with it' attitude, which is pretty fucked.

King of Bitch Mountain saying I have sand in my vagina for stating that HT got their records before the folks who pre-ordered them was uncalled for. HT may have placed their order waaaaay before we did, but they also had the opportunity waaaaay before we did.

If you can't send out records by the actual release date, then I suggest you look up those things called employees. They like help you do the work that you don't have time for and stuff. Wacky concept I know. I'm sure you both will find time to count your money.

haha, employees require profits...yes we're ROLLLLINN' in the cash...oh man.

too fuckin funny.

i have patience when i order from small labels, and never flip out when it takes a couple weeks to get my shit... out turn around is usually about the same as No Idea.

so what you're saying is.. you're upset that someone who ordered their records two months before you, got their records first?

I think you have a very delusioned idea of how much cash record labels make off of their products. Despite the higher profile of a release like this, after paying for production, art restoration, and royalties... theres very little profit involved... especially given the amount of hours of work involved. So you can take your sarcasm and blow it out your ass, and please don't buy any of my releases in the future.. because theres plenty of people who appreciate what i do, and don't bitch that it took a lil while to get to them

i got mine about a week ago and it came out great

i dont understand why people are so mad that its taking a couple extra days to receive a great release that would otherwise never have been pressed because it was put out by a small label that probably just released it because they wanted to see it pressed

also these guys have been posting on here for years so they're not just gonna disappear with the 50 bucks they made on the release and disappear in a poof of smoke

final point: this comp came out in 96.....you can have been listening to this for 15 years, waiting an extra week for the vinyl isnt a big deal.

id say you have sand in your vagina if you were crying to me over nothing too

if you cant handle a small label preorder wait, order your shit on amazon and complain to a brick wall when it gets delayed

Glad Hot Topic got these before people who ordered them direct. Nice.

Whiny entitled bitches in this thread.

Saw this at my local HT. Hopefully picking this up soon. Thanks for releasing this guys.

Was just about to say the same thing. Justin and Matt are two of the most sincere guys I've met. I don't know them well, but I know they have a passion for music, and their label "business" runs just like most do. More of an expensive hobby, than rollin in the cash.

I'm glad I put out stuff that most people on here don't care about.

We're talking about records!

I don't think anyone on the thread should be the least bit concerned. I've been surprised by how open and transparent these bros have been about the entire process. I think everyone has been given good insight to how bare bones their operation is and I think it's fair to reason they're good dudes trying hard to get these records out.

They're not masquerading as interpunk or some big distro, they're just some people who put out good records in their spare time and that's clear, and cool! If you're looking for a real "business" I'm sure there are plenty of other, more boring, options for ordering records...