DEFTONES-SNW & S/T HOT TOPIC exclusives

Can you use promo codes in store?

I just spent 20 minutes digging through unorganized and overpacked bins at the Ontario Mills CA HT and didn't find shit (supposedly they have 6). The scene ass cashier suggested I come back in an hour when her coworker has had a chance to look in the back.

I love your products Travis, but goddamn. I despise HT's lazy ass staff.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The same thing happened to me. I called customer service and she was able to cancel the PayPal transaction on the phone. I re-ordered and my second order didn't go through, but I didn't get that email again. I called customer service and she said my money would be back in my account within 3 business days because the order was cancelled for some reason.

This release has been a bummer!

I don't think they expected me to come back. I was not fucking around!

For the record (pun intended) you can't use promo codes in store. Luckily I still got 15% off with my membership dealy and got it for $18 and some change.

not saying this is why - maybe they were just lazy - but when i worked retail i was not allowed to go into the back room without another employee on the sales floor (this was not at hot topic, fyi).

I just spent 20 minutes digging through unorganized and overpacked bins at the Ontario Mills CA HT and didn't find shit (supposedly they have 6). The scene ass cashier suggested I come back in an hour when her coworker has had a chance to look in the back.

I was actually at Ontario Mills today while I was out visiting a few stores in that area and noticed the same thing about their vinyl. I talked to the manager about their vinyl section and Im gonna be going back there next week to re-do the whole music section. It will be all cleaned up.

When I was there they had like 5-6 copies of SNW sitting right out in the open so that was probably after you were there.

The manager at the Hot Topic I use to go to works at the one I buy vinyl from now and she offered me a job but I cant do it because I already work 50 hours a week. I would only be doing it for the vinyl discount. Haha.

By the way... Whats up with people stealing my pics of records to list on ebay? First Portugal. The Man, now Saturday Night Wrist. Its absurd!

And to the guy who always says I have carpet fibers on my vinyl, I tried taking pictures in my kitchen on the wood floor but I have to have the light on and it makes a fucked up glare. So I will stick with the carpet and just use the static lint grabber thing I have.

I was actually at Ontario Mills today while I was out visiting a few stores in that area and noticed the same thing about their vinyl. I talked to the manager about their vinyl section and Im gonna be going back there next week to re-do the whole music section. It will be all cleaned up.

When I was there they had like 5-6 copies of SNW sitting right out in the open so that was probably after you were there.

Haha, hell yeah brother! The cashier told her co-worker "Set these out in case anyone else comes looking for one," after they pulled them out from back.

Would have loved to buy you a beer at D&B's sir!

The Victorville Mall HT could use some regulation as well, should you choose to crack the whip lol ;)

And to the guy who always says I have carpet fibers on my vinyl, I tried taking pictures in my kitchen on the wood floor but I have to have the light on and it makes a fucked up glare. So I will stick with the carpet and just use the static lint grabber thing I have.

definitely more than one guy.. just putting the record on the paper sleeve is all people are suggesting rather than directly onto carpet.

By the way... Whats up with people stealing my pics of records to list on ebay? First Portugal. The Man, now Saturday Night Wrist. Its absurd!

Didn't you use another persons picture when you sold a copy of Deftones s/t before you had it in hand?

Also, like madtired said, just put the record on the inner sleeve when taking a photo. Or put it on a poly sleeve. Directly on the carpet is a dumb place to put a record.

Just placed my order for all 4 LPs.

It seemed to go through without any problems.

i wish i would have waited to do this. i was afraid they were going to move quicker than they have. i'm really surprised all 4 are still available.

i ordered ST and SNW today, despite already having the box set. had to finish up my HT colored variants. =/

i am not too fond of the color and the record is a bit quiet but still sounds decent when the volume is up. wish it could have been a 2xLP but still happy to finally own this

Yeah, it's pretty shitty that it's not 2LP like the OG. So many short cuts have been taken on all the recent Deftones releases.

As far as I know the band was involved with all these reissues. I asked WB to do these for HT but that's pretty much all the input I had in getting these pressed. The band picked the colors and I assume the track listings and everything else was what they wanted as well. Maybe the label was responsible for the "shortcuts" but I know the band was involved with all of these.

Unless someone in the band has a particular fondness for single LP's, I doubt they would have opted for that in all these cases. I guess its a miracle that White Pony retained the 2XLP format. I don't think anyone is blaming you, travis. I'm still grateful that these were done but corner cutting corporations will be corner cutting corporations.

I have yet to hear the HT variant of SNW but I'm betting its the same stamper as the box set version and even though its a quieter due to excessive time, it still sounds amazing.

You're probably right about the approval and I doubt that any of the Deftones members are as aware of these quality defining details as we nerds are so our sentiments on those details are probably simply unrecognized. Honestly, I'm pleasantly shocked at the quality of the single LP SNW but I'm still sore over the missing tracks on Adrenaline and ATF.