RFC 7" Series, Tigers Jaw, Shook Ones, Bridge+Tunn

this. its kind of shitty to have to buy all of those, if you don't want all of them. and people are gonna say "oh just get them off of someone who buys the subscription" yeah because i really want to have to pay double or triple the amount for 1 or 2 7"s.

i like subscription ideas, i think it helps the labels and gives those people a feeling that they are directly really helping out the label and releases, so don't get me wrong about that.

i can understand doing special variant covers or colors (ie. 6131, no sleep) but seriously to only offer the 7"s to people who buy the whole subscription is lame. its forcing people who want some of them to buy them all or they end up paying as much for 1 or 2 of the 7"s as they would've payed for the whole package. its just really backwards to me.

Then this isn't for you, and that's ok. I knew some people would feel that way, and claim we're doing it because of money, but no one complains about Sub Pop and other labels doing the same thing, except they don't even tell you what you're getting. This is a very simple and cheap Subscription in the scheme of things and I think a lot more people will be psyched on it then bummed.

A. i'm not talking about sub pop

B. i mentioned other labels that are doing it and i have no complaints about it from them

My complaint is that the only way i can get any of these is to buy all of them. There's no options. At least with the other labels I know that if I don't buy the subscription I can still purchase the records at a normal cost. Thats what I'm complaining about. Its either i shell out $50 now and try to sell the extra ones off to make some of my money back or i end up paying almost that amount for 2 7"s later on down the road. Obviously you're going to turn around and change this all because i'm saying this, but its something you should think about if you're going to do more subscriptions in the future. Thats all im saying, and i'm not going to keep going on and on or arguing with anyone, all i wanted to do was just make my point.

Then this isn't for you, and that's ok. I knew some people would feel that way, and claim we're doing it because of money, but no one complains about Sub Pop and other labels doing the same thing, except they don't even tell you what you're getting. This is a very simple and cheap Subscription in the scheme of things and I think a lot more people will be psyched on it then bummed.

B. i mentioned other labels that are doing it and i have no complaints about it from them

My complaint is that the only way i can get any of these is to buy all of them. There's no options. At least with the other labels I know that if I don't buy the subscription I can still purchase the records at a normal cost. Thats what I'm complaining about. Its either i shell out $50 now and try to sell the extra ones off to make some of my money back or i end up paying almost that amount for 2 7"s later on down the road. Obviously you're going to turn around and change this all because i'm saying this, but its something you should think about if you're going to do more subscriptions in the future. Thats all im saying, and i'm not going to keep going on and on or arguing with anyone, all i wanted to do was just make my point.

Just like you wanted to respond to what I said, I wanted to respond to what you said. We put a lot of thought into this and it seems to be pleasing almost everyone, but like I said I knew there'd be people who would be bummed on it, and that's fine.

When I get paid tomorrow I'll probably get the deluxe even though it's kind of pricey, I support rfc and trust in them that it will be worth it. I'd probably regret it if I didn't haha.

Pricey!? I get that $50 is a lot to drop, but every item besides the 7"s is marked down from what we'd normally sell them for (which is already cheap), even the shipping cost doesn't factor in materials or anything its just straight up USPS costs. I know you're not complaining, just an FYI.

Not to come off like a snarky grandpa or something, but you seem to be basing your definition of a "subscription series" off of recent ones like VC's Under The Influence one, where they're also available via retail but subscribers got them at a cheaper price. "Back in the day," as it were, full-on subscription series were more common, where you either signed up and got the records or you didn't and missed out.

Examples:

Post Marked Stamps

Makoto split series (still wish this one would've finished itself out)

Fat Club

NOFX singles series

Sub Pop Singles Club

etc.

Not to come off like a snarky grandpa or something, but you seem to be basing your definition of a "subscription series" off of recent ones like VC's Under The Influence one, where they're also available via retail but subscribers got them at a cheaper price. "Back in the day," as it were, full-on subscription series were more common, where you either signed up and got the records or you didn't and missed out.

Examples:

Post Marked Stamps

Makoto split series (still wish this one would've finished itself out)

Fat Club

NOFX singles series

Sub Pop Singles Club

etc.

Yes! This is what we were going for. Not knocking the current subscriptions other labels are doing, but I don't see how you can knock 'making' people buy six $5 7"s, when every other subscription out there doesn't even tell you half of what you're buying!? There are tons of people who want every No Sleep and 6131 release no matter what, so it works, but this is not supposed to be similar in anyway to what they're offering.

really? because all i've gotten so far was an lp and a 7"

Same here! Cause they ship out every 3rd month or so. You get 12 or so LP/7" this year.

I'm really doubting whether the 6131 sub was worth it. We're in July & all we have it an LP and 7". Where is the shirt? Where are the other records? Will we get what was promised even if it runs into 2012? It has been a giant bust so far.

If we're ordering the deluxe and the standard, seems like there should be a cut on shipping, anything we can work out there?

Yeah for sure! Email me about refunding you shipping tomorrow. I am going to get a LOT of emails today.

You got it, thanks!

People just like to bitch on here.

This is a cool idea, keep up the good work Jeff!

That's what I'm saying, bitch fest every time an order goes up and it's not 3ppd. While I do miss those days, just not gonna happen much anymore. People need to stop spending so much money on blink represses and save it for this shit. :P

Same here! Cause they ship out every 3rd month or so. You get 12 or so LP/7" this year.

I'm really doubting whether the 6131 sub was worth it. We're in July & all we have it an LP and 7". Where is the shirt? Where are the other records? Will we get what was promised even if it runs into 2012? It has been a giant bust so far.

I agree with you 100 % that is getting late. I'm having my doubts too. Im sure we will get those 12 records (even tho it will be 2012 heh) Also the shirt was for the first 50 subs (if im not mistaken).

I agree with you 100 % that is getting late. I'm having my doubts too. Im sure we will get those 12 records (even tho it will be 2012 heh) Also the shirt was for the first 50 subs (if im not mistaken).

Yeah. I got an email asking for size, but never got a shirt or slipmat.