Scarface

I've always thought it was an excellent movie. I think it's intentionally over the top.

but why is it excellent? All I hear is that it's excellent, but i dont hear reasons why. Why all the shitty merchandise all over the place? Why the love from all the rappers? why the random references all over pop culture?

It is excellent because it's Pacino, and there is tons of over the top violence and language. It's just a good entertaining movie. You hear references in pop culture all the time because it is a classic. When it came out that level of violence and language was never seen before in an R rated movie. When it was originally submitted to the MPAA, they gave it an X rating. Only after the rating was appealed several times did it get an R. Scarface pretty muched paved the way for all the violent movies that we take for granted today.

I think it is an all right movie. Definately not worth all the hype that it gets but I have watched it twice all the way through. But I dont see why it is one of the most popular films. Godfather was a lot better, they should have just left it at that and not made Scarface. I think we would have all been happy then.

It is excellent because it's Pacino, and there is tons of over the top violence and language. It's just a good entertaining movie. You hear references in pop culture all the time because it is a classic. When it came out that level of violence and language was never seen before in an R rated movie. When it was originally submitted to the MPAA, they gave it an X rating. Only after the rating was appealed several times did it get an R. Scarface pretty muched paved the way for all the violent movies that we take for granted today.

ok, that's all i've been wanting. I've asked damn near everyone i know who likes movies and who likes this movie, but they can never explain it. they just say "It's a good movie". all i've wanted is why people love it so much. I guess it's just not for me. Maybe i'll try again one day, but it wont be on my dime

I think it is an all right movie. Definately not worth all the hype that it gets but I have watched it twice all the way through. But I dont see why it is one of the most popular films. Godfather was a lot better, they should have just left it at that and not made Scarface. I think we would have all been happy then.

The Godfather and Scarface are two completely different movies. The only thing they have in common is Al Pacino. You might as well say they never should have made Scent of a Woman, because the Godfather is better.

The Godfather and Scarface are two completely different movies. The only thing they have in common is Al Pacino. You might as well say they never should have made Scent of a Woman, because the Godfather is better.

They are two different movies, but they are still equally long, gangster/mobster films. True hardly anything is in the same league as godfather but with all due respect they were at least remotely about the same subject where as scent of a woman had nothing to do with that kind of story line at all.

They are two different movies, but they are still equally long, gangster/mobster films. True hardly anything is in the same league as godfather but with all due respect they were at least remotely about the same subject where as scent of a woman had nothing to do with that kind of story line at all.

but saying that Scarface shouldn't have been made because we already had Godfather, is like saying that no other gangster movie should have been made. Godfather and Scarface have two different stories, but are still about the mob/gangsters. Example: Since we have Godfather, American Gangster shouldn't have been made. see the point?

I guess what I said came out wrong, but in my oppinion as far as the mobster/gangster film I think Godfather is the only one needed. I liked goodfellas but would be perfectly content without it, same with any other film in the genre, except for Godfather. I personally could do without the others, not saying they are not good. I suppose what I said just got skewed into something else. Oh well. I still think Street Fighter rocks them all.