FUNFUNFUNFEST 2011 (6)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im actually thinking about possibly coming to this festival. Something about needed to use up vacation and a 3 day festival in November with some sweet bands kind of excites me.. Just have to get my wife on board. Someone convince why this is a cool festival..

i'm not saying this because i'm bias, but this festival is a whole lot of fun. there are tons of bands to see for everyone. if you like indie, comedy, metal, punk-rock (not new gen either). and it's not over-crowded. downtown is about 10 minute walking distance away from where the show is too be held. if you get a hotel anywhere downtown or off barton springs you're within 2 to 4 blocks from it. not to mention there are restaurants all along barton springs, waterloo records is a 10 minute walk, and end of an ear is a 5 minute cab ride or 10 minute bus ride from that area. austin is a big city with a small town feel. everyone's polite and it's just a fun time. it's a rather safe city as well. graham and transmission are locals and have the fan mindset when booking bands. i seriously could just sit at any stage and see something i want within 1 or 2 bands. not to mention the stages are set up 2 to a stage, so once one band ends, within 5 minutes the next band starts. you should try it. there's tons of food here as well to try out and being downtown everything is withing 20 minute walk or a 10 minute cab ride from that area. PM me if you have any more questions..

also FUCK!!! about slayer..

so, thusfar for me:

Murder City Devils (again?), Boris, Slayer, X, Kid Dynamite...I really hope I can make this happen this year....still kicking my ass for not making it out last year

even jimmythescumbag came out last year. we had a good time watchign OWTH's the night before and eating Hoovers that day. overall fun time.

Yeah, I just didn't know if it was like Pitchfork up here where the 3 day passes sell out in like a day then have to be stuck buying single day passes.

well they sell 3 day passes 3 times discounted, and then they go on sale regularly along with 1 day passes. the first 2 sales ended within a day. and usually 3 day passes do sell out, but since it's in a different area they might have more tickets. it's all up in the air this year. as the previous park is small. the new one is giving them a little more area to work with and in turn more tickets being sold, but probably not much. i'd buy 3 day passes the next time they go on sale just to get it over with. it's well worth it.

Is it just me but who cares that Slayer is playing

If you havent seen this band already, you sure as hell are not going to Fun Fun Fun Fest because they are playing

This band tours reguarly and they have such a meathead crowd

With that said, Scratch Acid better be playing this

i think you might be the only one. :P there are always new slayer fans, and not everyone has seen them. i know a few people my age who have never really been able to see them that are going. that's a fuckin' phenomenon.

i strongly back your last sentence.