how long until we can do this in the states

I've been fumbling with ideas for a new liscence photo as my birthday is coming up. I can't say i'd spend 3 years at the attempt but this is amazing.

via geekologie

[image]

http://www.geekologie.com/2011/07/pastafarian-granted-right-to-wear-religi.php

"Niko Alm is an Austrian 'Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster' member who's spent the last three years battling his government for the right to wear a "religious" spaghetti strainer on his head in his driver's license photo. Why you'd do that I have no clue, but now I want one with a toilet seat around my neck and a plunger on my head. Get it? Because I'm a sorry excuse for a turd. :/

Niko Alm first applied for the licence three years ago after reading that headgear was allowed in official pictures only for confessional reasons.

Mr Alm said the sieve was a requirement of his religion, pastafarianism.

The Austrian authorities required him to obtain a doctor's certificate that he was "psychologically fit" to drive.

The licence took three years to come through and, according to Mr Alm, he was asked to submit to a medical interview to check on his mental fitness to drive but - straining credulity - his efforts have finally paid off.

Aaaaaah, I see now. Hey -- as long as this paves the way for me getting my picture taken with a pair of those glittery alien antennae on my head with my face painted silver, I'm all for it. "NEXT! Okay now -- Mr....Geekologie Writer -- smile at the camera and say cheese." *adjusting antannae* Zip-zap, nanu-nanu -- I will vaporize you, human!