Blink 182- Neigborhoods P/O

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure Adam is right! Universal originally solicited it as a single LP with 10 tracks, then changed it to a double LP with 13 tracks. When they made the change I dont know if they actually sent out an email to all those they originally solicited it to as a single LP. Myself included. A customer called asking why we had a single lp - 10 song instead of the double LP, which others had. We asked our sales rep and it took him a few days to confirm that it was no longer a single and was a double instead. It had been changed days before he told us, but I am sure you get the point?

Confusing yes, but Adam is right. As far as we are told there is only a double LP in various colors (pink - interpunk, white/black - hot topic, indie color and black). No single LP

CD regular verion (no bonus tracks)

CD deluxe (includes bonus tracks)

All vinyl is a 2xLP (includes bonus tracks)

Pink vinyl limited to 500 exclusive to Interpunk (sold out)

Black/white swirl vinyl limited to 1000 exclusive to Hot Topic (not available yet)

Apparently a 3rd exclusive color for indie stores

All other retailers have it on black vinyl

Not sure where I read it, but it stated that the indie version was a blue disc 1, and white disc 2.

I would assume that's what amazon will stock (if not on black).

Edit: The cobraside catalogue states:

"Limited "indie-only" version comes on double blue & white marbled vinyl, with 6 panel jacket and digital download card!"

Some of the songs are good and some are completely terrible. It's an uneven album to say the least. But it's pretty much what I was expecting.

Here is a lengthy review I wrote of the album: http://bit.ly/oIJeKd

[image]

I get that you're making fun of me, but I honestly have no idea what that is.

I get that you're making fun of me, but I honestly have no idea what that is.

Probably because you wrote a 10 page review for a blink 182 record in 2011.

I wasn't asking why. I don't know what that little clip is from.

Oh and I think it's funny that you're being critical of me for writing a long review of an album, but meanwhile, you have over 4,500 posts on a messageboard. I'll spend my time how I choose and you can spend your time how you choose.

Pretty sure its just these:

Interpunk - pink 500

Hot Topic - black/white swirl 1000

Indies - blue/white (my guess would be limited to 1000 or 2000)

Im guessing the "white vinyl" that Amazon had was this blue/white version which is also what Interpunk has now.

All Ive heard from the label is these 3 variants.

Some of the songs are good and some are completely terrible. It's an uneven album to say the least. But it's pretty much what I was expecting.

i might totally agree with this review, but it didn't hold my attention long enough to get to the actual review part of it. after approximately 5 paragraphs of drivel about the band almost unrelated to the album, i got bored and just skimmed the rest.

my attention span: it is short.

your review: it has too much filler/overly wordy prose and not enough actual content.

i've never had a problem ordering from either.

sometimes, however, amazon sends vinyl in giant boxes.

I don't know when the last time you ordered from Amazon but I've gotten 6 albums from them in the last two months and they ship in a similar package that SRC sends out now, it's a bit flimsier but it gets the job. However, a year or two ago when I got The Devil and God it came in a box that could fit a microwave! At first I had no idea what it was haha

i might totally agree with this review, but it didn't hold my attention long enough to get to the actual review part of it. after approximately 5 paragraphs of drivel about the band almost unrelated to the album, i got bored and just skimmed the rest.

your review: it has too much filler/overly wordy prose and not enough actual content.

Hey, that's ok. I wrote it while killing time at work. I would probably want to edit it significantly if I went back through it, but I'm not because there's no reason to (obviously). But I appreciate anyone taking a look and giving feedback, even if it's negative.

i've never had a problem ordering from either.

sometimes, however, amazon sends vinyl in giant boxes.

I don't know when the last time you ordered from Amazon but I've gotten 6 albums from them in the last two months and they ship in a similar package that SRC sends out now, it's a bit flimsier but it gets the job. However, a year or two ago when I got The Devil and God it came in a box that could fit a microwave! At first I had no idea what it was haha

they were doing good for awhile and using those mailers, but my copy of Thrice's newest album came a week or two ago in a big box. luckily it was just a little dinged on the corners!

Hey, that's ok. I wrote it while killing time at work. I would probably want to edit it significantly if I went back through it, but I'm not because there's no reason to (obviously). But I appreciate anyone taking a look and giving feedback, even if it's negative.

yeah, dude! i agree with most of what i read, and you seem to be a decent writer, but like i said - it's way, way too wordy and would be a lot more effective if it was more concise. keep it up!