Las Vegas

I will be headed to Vegas on Monday and I was wondering if there are any definite (non-obvious) dos or don'ts for any of you who have been there. No one in my party drinks, so I don't need any great bar tips. I'm thinking the trip will focus on:

1. Eating

2. Lightly gambling

3. Magic shows

What's the record scene like?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be headed to Vegas on Monday and I was wondering if there are any definite (non-obvious) dos or don'ts for any of you who have been there. No one in my party drinks, so I don't need any great bar tips. I'm thinking the trip will focus on:

1. Eating

2. Lightly gambling

3. Magic shows

What's the record scene like?

Eating: Go to the Rio to start and buy one of those all-you-can-eat-in-one-day-at-a-bunch-of-places cards for something like $40. Best money you'll spend in Vegas.

Must eat: Rio buffet, Rio seafood buffet and the Bellagio breakfast buffet (a bit pricy but worth every fucking penny if you're into breakfast/brunch).

There's a Carnegie Deli and a Brazilian place in the Mirage.

That's all I can think of right now.

Eating: Go to the Rio to start and buy one of those all-you-can-eat-in-one-day-at-a-bunch-of-places cards for something like $40. Best money you'll spend in Vegas.

Must eat: Rio buffet, Rio seafood buffet and the Bellagio breakfast buffet (a bit pricy but worth every fucking penny if you're into breakfast/brunch).

There's a Carnegie Deli and a Brazilian place in the Mirage.

That's all I can think of right now.

The Doubledown Saloon is a great spot to drink off the strip. Quirky? Is the Pinball Hall of Fame still there?If so, go. I fired my first gun in Vegas, the target ranges are fun.

There is great Mexican and cheap in Vegas. You might need to do some research but just off the old strip is some good stuff.

If you can get an appointment the Neon Boneyard is a lot of fun to see.

The Doubledown Saloon is a great spot to drink off the strip. Quirky? Is the Pinball Hall of Fame still there?If so, go. I fired my first gun in Vegas, the target ranges are fun.

There is great Mexican and cheap in Vegas. You might need to do some research but just off the old strip is some good stuff.

If you can get an appointment the Neon Boneyard is a lot of fun to see.