WEATHERBOX "Follow The Rattle Of..." 12-inch EP

[image]

PRE-ORDER NOW!

YCR WEBSTORE: http://youthconspiracy.bigcartel.com/product/weatherbox-follow-the-rattle-of-the-afghan-guitar-12-inch-ep

SHOPRADIOCAST: http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/Weatherbox-%252d-Follow-The-Rattle-Of-The-Afghan-Guitar-12%22-EP.html (all SRC orders will be on an exclusive mystery color and will come with a free Weatherbox patch)

HEAR A NEW SONG: http://www.absolutepunk.net/artists/showlink.php?do=showdetails&l=3387

It would be reasonable if you thought Weatherbox imploded some time ago. After all, the San Diego band has cycled through more than a dozen members in its half-decade existence and has kept a relatively low profile since the release of their last LP, 2009's The Cosmic Drama, and subsequent departure from Doghouse Records.

Frontman Brian Warren has since scaled that mountain and regrouped with a supporting cast that includes longtime friends (including two vintage Weatherbox members) and a new label, Youth Conspiracy Records; together, they will release Follow The Rattle Of The Afghan Guitar, a six-song EP that brings you to the entrance of a tunnel, hands you a few matches, and shoves you into the dark.

Recorded this spring in multiple locations in California, Follow The Rattle Of The Afghan Guitar finds Warren & Co. returning to the colossal pop-rock that made 2007's American Art so likable, while keeping the frontman's expanded lyrical ideas from the psych-folky Cosmic Drama intact.

Exploring themes of alienation, white privilege and the general insanity of our times, Follow The Rattle Of The Afghan Guitar is esoteric, challenging and thought-provoking, while still remaining hook-driven, innovative and exciting. The band hurls itself from a neutral space between pop and progressive, between vague and specific, ultimately leaving it up to the listeners to figure it out for themselves.

Weatherbox howls from the cave in some alien tongue, but the message is loud and clear.

do want. $18 shipping is pricey tho

What country are you in? I've found it typically costs me $15-18 to ship an LP to pretty much anywhere in Europe or Australia; if it ends up being significantly less, I'll refund some of the money.

New Zealand, its all good though ended up ordering anyway because fuck yes new weatherbox!

What country are you in? I've found it typically costs me $15-18 to ship an LP to pretty much anywhere in Europe or Australia; if it ends up being significantly less, I'll refund some of the money.

New Zealand, its all good though ended up ordering anyway because fuck yes new weatherbox!

Thank you, I appreciate the support!

Also, we just posted a new song called "Secret Muslim," you can hear it right here:

http://www.absolutepunk.net/artists/showlink.php?do=showdetails&l=3387

Will there be at least 3 color ways from YC? I purchased 3 copies, not a big deal either way?

Also, only way to get the patch is thru SRC?

I definitely expect there to be at least 3 variants. If for some reason there isn't, I will contact you and we can figure something out.

Yes, the patch is only available through SRC, and their color is exclusive, too.

Will there be at least 3 color ways from YC? I purchased 3 copies, not a big deal either way?

Also, only way to get the patch is thru SRC?

I definitely expect there to be at least 3 variants. If for some reason there isn't, I will contact you and we can figure something out.

Yes, the patch is only available through SRC, and their color is exclusive, too.

Get in contact for a test press!

Brian and the band stayed at my house shortly after American Art came out, and we were talking about it being pressed to vinyl. Brian said that Doghouse wanted to do something real cool with alternate artwork and nice colored wax. And then it never happened. That was ages ago. Glad to hear it's back in the works. Brian's a good man.

Brian and the band stayed at my house shortly after American Art came out, and we were talking about it being pressed to vinyl. Brian said that Doghouse wanted to do something real cool with alternate artwork and nice colored wax. And then it never happened. That was ages ago. Glad to hear it's back in the works. Brian's a good man.

I love Brian! He and I just sit on Gchat all day and talk about the dumbest, weirdest shit imaginable. Best way to pass the time ever.