$99 touchpads left anywhere

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my parents were able to get one yesterday by calling HP, might wanna try that?

Must have been before they sold out. I tried and there was a digital message that said if you want a touchpad they are out of stock and to try again next week.

I hope that if they get more stock they don't use all the demand as a ploy to raise the price again. I'd probably still buy for $150 / $200 depending on the HD size, but not going higher than that.

zones.com is showing 127 in stock, but their site is also a huge mess.

according to the slickdeals forum, they are actually out of stock though

Ordered a 32 GB one. Worst thing that happens is that they cancel the order and refund the money. Even if it went on backorder and HP came out with some more supply I would be happy.

I drove/called all around town looking for them on Saturday morning. Happened to snag a couple from Amazon on Sunday afternoon.

If I was you, I'd just wait a bit. There are gonna be a ton of these on the resale market. Just like Bink 182 MTS pressings, the price will drop pretty quick.

Good info. Thanks.

Still pissed I didn't know this was going on until they sold out. Yesterday was pretty frustrating.

When HP was selling them on their website before, was there a limit on how many you can buy? Thinking about buying 3 - 5 of these and making Christmas shopping really easy this year.

I was able to get one at Best Buy. I just want droid on it, webOS is just not cutting it.

The only way that would happen is if the bootloader gets unlocked and there are indie devs out there willing to build an Android ROM to the device. I highly doubt this would happen because this device has been fully abandoned which means the chances of the bootloader becoming unlocked are very slim to none, it's not a native Android device so cracking the bootloader would be hard as shit and the desire to do so in the community just isn't there. I doubt any devs would want to try. Also a ROM would have to be built from the ground up. I don't think this thing could run Cyanogen or the SDK Honeycomb build because the components are so different.

I would say there's a 99% chance this will stay on the stock OS build forever. However the OS runs out of the box is how/what it will always run.

Now where the fuck can I find a Nokia N-Gage?

I highly doubt this would happen because this device has been fully abandoned which means the chances of the bootloader becoming unlocked are very slim to none, it's not a native Android device so cracking the bootloader would be hard as shit and the desire to do so in the community just isn't there.

Already happening. The Touchdroid....

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20095396-1/touchdroid-bringing-android-to-hp-touchpad/

^"the project is just getting going--at last check not all team members had even gotten their hands on a TouchPad yet."

Gotta love that dedication. Rootzwiki isn't the most reliable Android community. We'll see where this goes, I mean, they're already assuming Ice Cream Sandwich will be a tablet OS.