PO: Jack White/Insane Clown Posse Collab

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously . . . has no one considered that

A) Everyone involved in the making of this record is in on the joke, and

B) Jack White has love for fellow Detroit musicians that came from nothing?

Everyone complaining about this needs to fuck off and start their own bands and put out a record that will sell less than this one does.

i understand all that, but the song (to me and to most others) isnt funny at all and it sounds like total garbage. jokes are usually supposed to be funny.

but i guess he doesnt care because all the people who collect thirdman will still buy without a second thought

i don't think ICPs music was EVER intended to be "good".

it's just entertainment, and imo, a lot of their stuff IS entertaining.

tho i will never consider it "good music" by my standards, i still own a decent chunk of their old catalog from the 90s and have been known to find myself to be well entertained while listening.

they are very entertaining, ill give you that. i saw them in concert last year because someone i was friends with really wanetd to go and they payed for my ticket. i went along thinking it would be nuts and hilarious. it was. great show but awful music. they are like the 'rap' GWAR except GWARs music is good (for the most part).

As ridiculous as we all think this is, Jack White is just doing more to bring exposure to TMR. While ICP fans aren't the normal demographic for the rest of the releases he's put out, they may find something in them. Dude is smart as hell.

I was in TMR yesterday and they had a bunch of these. Only on black though. I picked up 7"s from Chris Thile, Rome, and the 5, 6, 7, 8's.