Sound & Fury Fest 08

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest genericinsight

Wow, I never thought two bands from my region that I've never seen would do reunions on the opposite coast (Spanish Bombs and Robot Whales). Go figure.

Unless Down To Nothing and/or Another Breath and/or Verse get added to the lineup, this isn't something I'd consider traveling for. Now if all 3 of those bands get added somehow... that's a different story. I'd be overly amazed to see that big a number of my favorite bands on the same festival PLUS the SB and RW reunions.

I learned from attendance at Posi Numbers Fest that hardcore festivals just aren't my thing. Even if its a bunch of bands I like, it's way too much of the overall same sound and I got bored way fast. I do like that EOAY/RW/SB playing adds some variety to this though, but again, its not enough for me. Oh well. Maybe if I lived out there I'd feel differently.

Guest genericinsight
im sure you can count on down to nothing and verse playing.

true, but still. I think I can only afford one festival trip this year and that is for THE FEST.

I just saw Verse tonight and its making me want to see them again considering I hadn't in 4 years. I don't know how I managed that.

I can't get into fests like this. What ever happened to fests like Krazyfest and Furnace Fest or even Hellfest the first few years that had 3 days of DIFFERENT MUSIC... 2 days of hardcore/punk bands gets old, hell even 1 day of hardcore/punk bands gets old for me. Maybe i'm just getting old, but I like a little variety to my fest experience.

Guest genericinsight
I can't get into fests like this. What ever happened to fests like Krazyfest and Furnace Fest or even Hellfest the first few years that had 3 days of DIFFERENT MUSIC... 2 days of hardcore/punk bands gets old, hell even 1 day of hardcore/punk bands gets old for me. Maybe i'm just getting old, but I like a little variety to my fest experience.

absolutely 100% agreed. I think that was a main reason why I enjoyed The Fest (Gainesville) so much. There were more than enough different types of bands to keep my interest for all 3 days and not get bored.

i always find it funny that there is a hardcore fest with a bunch straight edge bands in this town where there is almost no venues that aren't bars or shitty college parties. at least compared to other fests, this one makes the least amount of sense on the location picked.

also, if you plan on getting a hotel. do it now and start saving now as well, high tourist season in a retardedly expensive town.

Yeah, the only time I saw Guns Up play is when they were opening for Verse and Have Heart on that tour shortly before they broke up. They got a good response for an opening band, but nothing amazing. I never would have guessed that they could draw that many people for their "last" show.

Not sure which tour that was - the HH/Verse one I remember was in late-04/early-05...and yeah, none of the bands were really tearing up yet. Here's a video from one:

However, when GU! broke up, they were doin' aiiight. Here's some pics from their record release show in May 06:

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Even so, I think everyone was pretty surprised at the turnout for that last show...

i always find it funny that there is a hardcore fest with a bunch straight edge bands in this town where there is almost no venues that aren't bars or shitty college parties. at least compared to other fests, this one makes the least amount of sense on the location picked.

also, if you plan on getting a hotel. do it now and start saving now as well, high tourist season in a retardedly expensive town.

Thanks for the concern. However, I can assure you that not only is this venue not a bar (not that it would matter), but it is not a shitty college party, either :)

We've had a great time doing this fest locally the last two years, and there's no reason this year won't be the same.

We've also listed some very economically viable hotels in the first post, and will be posting more in the future.

Thanks again - we're really excited.

Yeah, the only time I saw Guns Up play is when they were opening for Verse and Have Heart on that tour shortly before they broke up. They got a good response for an opening band, but nothing amazing. I never would have guessed that they could draw that many people for their "last" show.

Not sure which tour that was - the HH/Verse one I remember was in late-04/early-05...and yeah, none of the bands were really tearing up yet.

Maybe Have Heart wasn't on that tour. I definately remember Verse playing it though. I think it was sometime in early-mid '06.