The Chariot back catalog

kriss

Hey,

I know there was a thread discussing the records prior to Long Live several months back being pressed onto vinyl(s)(*snicker*), but I can't seem to find it now. Is Solid State pretty much holding this up or what? It'd be nice to have those records on the shelf beside Long Live for sure.

(again, sorry for the redundancy - I really couldn't find the aforementioned thread where this was discussed prior)

To my knowledge, more than one label has tried, and even the band has suggested the idea to the label...but the label is insisting that they will do it themselves. They make this promise with a lot of releases that will more than likely never see the light of day (sadly).

This is the truth of the situation.

Don't say never. I grew up near Underoath in Florida. While they were making those first two CDs, those guys would never have thought they would make that album like They're Only Chasing Safety. It will take lots of sales for T&N to decide to press anything.

All I'm saying is that it's a business like anything else.

Don't say never. I grew up near Underoath in Florida. While they were making those first two CDs, those guys would never have thought they would make that album like They're Only Chasing Safety. It will take lots of sales for T&N to decide to press anything.

No it would not. I've worked with Matt Goldman who has produced albums by both The Chariot and Underoath and the former is pretty loyal to their craft.

Not everyone is persuaded by money and willing to compromise their integrity to make a quick buck.

I understand that it would take lots of sales for T&N to press anything, which makes sense. They don't want to press a record that sits around their warehouse for years.

So what is their argument against licensing the rights to press the back catalog to another label? They get paid for the rights and don't have to worry about whether the stuff sells or not.

No it would not. I've worked with Matt Goldman who has produced albums by both The Chariot and Underoath and the former is pretty loyal to their craft.

Not everyone is persuaded by money and willing to compromise their integrity to make a quick buck.

Your point and namedropping are both moot.

Here's what I'm saying:

Underoath circa 1998-2000 wouldn't have imagined their third album would sound like it did. That wasn't the direction they were moving in. Those guys didn't sell out. Dallas departed. They got Spencer, who dicked over This Runs Through. They made a great album albeit it was not their brand of metal and became HUGE.

If The Chariot were do the same thing (not when but if), then their catalog will get pressed on vinyl quicker because it will mean additional sales to match their expanding audience. When the market opens up, you fill it with product. Simple economics.

I'm talking about accessibility and a larger audience, not the band's integrity. Maybe more vinyl will come, maybe it won't. But it hinges on money. Obviously, if The Chariot controlled everything, their stuff would be pressed.

Here's what I'm saying:

Underoath circa 1998-2000 wouldn't have imagined their third album would sound like it did. That wasn't the direction they were moving in. Those guys didn't sell out. Dallas departed. They got Spencer, who dicked over This Runs Through. They made a great album albeit it was not their brand of metal and became HUGE.

If The Chariot were do the same thing (not when but if), then their catalog will get pressed on vinyl quicker because it will mean additional sales to match their expanding audience. When the market opens up, you fill it with product. Simple economics.

I'm talking about accessibility and a larger audience, not the band's integrity. Maybe more vinyl will come, maybe it won't. But it hinges on money. Obviously, if The Chariot controlled everything, their stuff would be pressed.

Did Underoath's back catalog get pressed after they changed their sound?

Here's what I'm saying:

Nothing pre-TOCS has been pressed

Here's what I'm saying:

Good point. No. But after They're Only Chasing Safety, everything they've done has been readily available for years. Define The Great Line was available for a while after the release (I got through Facedown Records' distro for like $10). And since that album, everything has been available.

Thanks for the responses back on this everyone!

It bums me out that T&N wouldn't press up 500 or so copies each of those records as I'm sure a good portion of them would sell right off the bat and the rest could be sold off to distros and such who would keep them around for awhile until they moved.

Honestly, T&N/SS used to be one of my favorites until about 2003 or so and it seems like they took a major turn after that (some could argue they did that as early as 98 or 99), I just remember when they had the 7" club and would press all sorts of stuff on vinyl (Joe Christmas, Roadside Monument, etc) that had way less popularity than the likes of The Chariot.

Ah well.

Here's what I'm saying:

cute.