Old Canes

can't you cancel your pledge through amazon ?

Good Question. I might just do this. I'm less annoyed with the time than with someone taking money then giving no updates. At the same time I pretty much consider it lost money and might want to ride it out hoping for a surprise next year.

there is an old update on the kickstarter page. it sucks that it now sounds like next year, this was my first kickstarter and maybe my last.

GET UPDATES BY RSS

Update #1: Recording going well

For backers only, Posted on March 15, 2011

I have 2 more songs recorded, now to complete lyrics. Shapeshifter 1 should be done in April! CC

Hi, Chris here. You guys are 100% right. The Shapeshifter 7" project is taking much longer that I expected it to. I have been insanely busy this last year, and I have over-booked myself on pretty much every front. I apologize for not keeping everyone in the loop. I am notoriously bad at communicating these kinds of things.

I was expecting to have the first of the 7"s done in April, but around that time I had to deal with some line-up changes in Appleseed Cast, and I had to get new folks ready for our tour. That sapped away most of my free time this summer.

Where the Shapeshifter project stands now: Shapeshifter 1 is nearly done. It WILL be done by the end of this month. Shapeshifter 2 is half done. I should have it done in October. Shapeshifter 3 I have not yet begun.

I have about 8 songs recorded for the Old Canes LP3. Originally, when I went into the Shapeshifter project I was going to use 6 of these songs. Then I started writing songs just FOR the 7" project, and that kind of shifted the idea sonically, to the point that I didn't want to use the songs that I had written for LP3. I wanted Shapeshifter to be different... and it is. But that also has added time to it.

Anyway, I'm sorry that I have not yet delivered, and not kept you in the loop. I will post this to the Kickstarter page as well.

My email is [email protected]

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...